We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Halloween Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MichaelCarolina
View Profile
New user
Rhode Island
18 Posts

Profile of MichaelCarolina
I'm looking for an effect to do on Halloween when kids come to the door... something quick, spooky... unique... I've produced candy from a mirror box... candy from a dove pan.... tried a levitation with a strobe... can anyone suggest something else to make the neighbor's kids talk? Any suggestions are appreciated.
Caspar
View Profile
Veteran user
Tacoma
316 Posts

Profile of Caspar
Check out Dark Mother a few spaces down. Rework the story to make it a bit shorter, change the characters even. This will cut their trick-or-treating short as I am sure they will want to get out of the dark pronto. You might even get a few calls from some angry parents.
ivan7
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of ivan7
Use the old head in a box/sphynx table. Set it up by your door. When the kids come tell them the candy is in this empty box, then put the empty box on table, open front of box and you have your assistant's head in the box speaking to the kids. It'll scare the crap out of them. (use your wife, friend, etc for the talking head).

You could even spice it up and have the head spit candy at the kids then say trick or treat or soemthign like that.
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
470 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Ha ha ha!

Try 'Slasher' from Black Artefacts.

That should make them talk...

Black Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
Michel Huot
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal
194 Posts

Profile of Michel Huot
Trust me on this one...

'THE WEB' from Jim Pace... a killer not so quick but you can do a quick version of a minute or so...

will it be TRICK or TREAT
Tricks aren't important...people are!!!
Shade
View Profile
New user
Utah
31 Posts

Profile of Shade
The Web is great. Last year I did Andrew Maynes Pencil through cheek with someones Pixie Stick. Not only was it great. I got to keep the pixie stick, because it was covered in fake blood.
-Shade
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1420 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Speaking of Andrew Mayne check out his "Facelifter". Awesome possibilities for Halloween fun !

John
MichaelCarolina
View Profile
New user
Rhode Island
18 Posts

Profile of MichaelCarolina
Thanks so much for all the suggestions. They all sound excellent.
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1935 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Do the Cat Chiropractor for the adults. Smile
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
How about Andruzzi's "Coffin Nail"? I finally found some great nails to do this with.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
How about a quick chop cup routine using rubber eyeballs? You additional loads could be various severed body parts!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Oh no, Firedice is dead, long live FireDice! Who's this Reis character anyway?

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
He's my "Clark Kent".
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Hexagon
View Profile
Regular user
London
198 Posts

Profile of Hexagon
Just say 'BOO!' It always works for me. If it doesn't, use a knife-slice-arm effect, that'll get them talking.
MischiefMagicX
View Profile
New user
Albany, NY
48 Posts

Profile of MischiefMagicX
How about a Twisting Arm Illusion or something from Finger Fantasies? Maybe a big skewer and a fake tongue. Don't try this at home kids.
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary..."
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Michael Ammar showed a real fast one in a lecture about 15 years ago that he uses for Trick or Treaters. It's not bizarre, but it's fast and visual. The mage holds a length of flash string hanging down from thumb and finger. It is set alight. As the flames dissipate, the mage holds a red silk. Easy!

On a dark porch this is particularly easy. You guys with the dark imaginations might well cause something creepier than a silk to appear.

Yours,

Paul
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
That has given me an idea:

Dark porch, say look at this, set off flash paper and whilst they are semi-blinded steal their candy and close the door.
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
How about a bowl containing a sign reading, "Take as much of this candy as you want but please leave some for those who will come here after you" --- and that's all the bowl contains.

Okay, okay, I know --- still, it's nicer than my original idea with the kettle of boiling oil.

Sid
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Quote:
On 2004-09-11 11:44, salsa_dancer wrote:
That has given me an idea:

Dark porch, say look at this, set off flash paper and whilst they are semi-blinded steal their candy and close the door.

Then of course you shout, "Score!!" and cackle hysterically.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Hexagon
View Profile
Regular user
London
198 Posts

Profile of Hexagon
Ha ha ha, I like it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Halloween Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL