The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Catching Bubbles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
Hello, Can anyone help me? I have that trick where you blow some bubbles reach up and grab one and it has turned solid. I can't remember the name of it. Sorry but I was thinking can anyone tell me how I could somehow turn it into a billiard ball type effect were they all start multiplying? The hardest part would be to make a Sh£ll.

Best,

Luke
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Luke,
I had the same idea years ago.

I had this basic bubble effect from Bob McAllister and forget the name. Solid Bubble??

Others have also marketed the bubbles.

At one convention I saw a vendor who had a beautiful set of clear, multiplying balls/bubbles. I think he was from a Scandinavian country. Tempted me but too pricy for my wallet.

These item I would definitely want to see up close before purchase.

Good Luck,
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3500 Posts

Profile of Julie
Abbott's in Colon, Michigan used to sell Multiplying Soap Bubbles. It might be worthwhile to investigate.
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
Mirko from Argentina has a great act in which he performs multiplying bubbles and many other effects using the soap bubbles.

Tom
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Yeah, maybe talk to Vito Lupo. He was who really started the bubble trend.
DANSPERRY.COM
Darko
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Darko
I saw Mirko doing his act. It´s pure magic. Really wonderful.
yanyak5
View Profile
Regular user
Delaware
186 Posts

Profile of yanyak5
Why don't you just produce the solid bubble then do a color change like effect, switching the glass for a rubber, then work with a regular standard billiard ball set?
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
I believe that Joe Stevens sells a set, including a glass bubble pipe, that is intended for a routine attributed to Punx. It is beautiful but pricey.
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Blow some soap bubbles, then lit a cigarette and blow a bubble with smoke in it. Then turn it into a white multiplying ball.
johnpert
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
322 Posts

Profile of johnpert
Perhaps start out with the clear bubble, do some manipulations/flourishes with it, and then do a colour change which would lead into your ball routine.

Just an idea I thought about but haven't pursued.

j.
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Finn Jon.
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
I love this effect. Use it in ALL my shows. I would suggest not using the SPECIAL bottle though. I feel it is a cleaner finish that way. PM me if you have questions on how to do it WITHout the special bottle.
WR
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2116 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I really like the special bottle, because you can show your hands empty. I don't think the shell would look convincing.

matt
kris attard
View Profile
Elite user
Malta
434 Posts

Profile of kris attard
I have a set of multiplying bubbles which I had bought from International Magic Studio of London, England. They're on the web, and I won't be surprised if they still stock them. They were not that pricey, but I only got to use them for the bubble catching effect, and never as multiplying. The shell felt too unstable in my fingers, and I always `felt it was too loose over the balls. It is made of glass.
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
I developed a routine using four solid acrylic balls -- no shell. It played pretty well, but was difficult to see in some venues, so I've switched to a routine with 2" wooden balls. I remember seeing Doug Henning do a routine like this on one of his specials. It was very pretty, but the TV camera was able to move in pretty close.

The all-glass set for doing Punx's routine is sold by Ted Lesley. I am very tempted by it, but the idea of working with fragile glass seem to me impractical.
mcmc
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of mcmc
Rtgreen - neat, I just bought some 1.5" acrylic balls as well, to play around with a bubble / ball manip routine. Any place where you sell notes on your routine, or care to share the sources that you used to piece it together?

Thanks...
maurice
Aperazor
View Profile
Loyal user
Akron,Ohio
244 Posts

Profile of Aperazor
That's funny, I am in the process of doing the same thing.
I was just getting ready to rder some 1.75 acrylics $6 a ball. I was also looking at acrylic resins and debating if I should attempt to make a shell.
I like the idea of the multiplying bubbles.
Stevens Magic had a beautiful glass set but I would not dreaming of using glass and it was out of my price range.
All the best.
Nick
davidmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Lubbock, TX, USA
337 Posts

Profile of davidmagic
I use a tall plastic cup with two bottles glued inside. One is regular soap bubble and the other is the special soap that you can catch. I also use the hard acrylic balls and after popping some regular bubbles, catching one with the special soap, then I go to back to the regular soap, "catch" a bubble and display the solid ball. From there, I do a variation of Harry Riser's multiplying Golf Ball routine, which uses four solid balls and has good motivation for picking up the other 3. Haven't developed the contact juggling skill to the degree that I would like to take it tl the next level.
David
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1319 Posts

Profile of rmendez
MagicEffex was supposed to have released several multiplying ball sets including clear and colored clear balls. I own several of their sets in the various colors that they came in such as red, blue, green, yellow, egg shell white, white and glow-in-the-dark but have never been able to find the clear sets. Their website is now defunct. Does anyone have any information on the company or ball sets?
Hey Song
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Hey Song
I saw this one guy on tech tv who bought from a plastics shop in New York. He ran up to this bubble machine and grabbed one of the bubbles. By accident, he dropped it and it started bouncing. He was inventing a doll that looked like him that would preform illusions. All I know is that there is some plastics shop in New York that sells balls that look like bubbles and is located down an alley (what the camera showed.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Catching Bubbles (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL