The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Heckler DVD by Brian Tudor (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
2003 user
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of 2003 user
Any review for Heckler DVD by Brian Tudor ? Thank you
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'm tired of Tudor.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
gilbreath76
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of gilbreath76
Quote:
On 2004-08-30 06:47, MagicChris wrote:
I'm tired of Tudor.

How can you be tired of BT?

How can you be tired of watching someone so full of himself, that when you watch him, you get the feeling that he's thinking, "I'm GOD with cards, and you folks are lucky I'm giving you the time and day." Smile
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5331 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Who cares...is there something to be learned....you may not like him personally but does he have something to offer

by the way, I haven't seen his dvd

koz
elie brown
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of elie brown
I agree with you guyse.
His last dvd was so complicated to understand.
I am also tired of his work
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
668 Posts

Profile of jimesw
I'm tired of this post Smile

Cheers
James
maestro of pointless posts.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
I love Tudor! The guy can handle his cards. His teaching is less than desireable, but I learned a lot of flourishes and cuts from his video's.
CLJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
281 Posts

Profile of CLJ
The guy asked for a review of Tudor's Heckler DVD, and not for insulting comments towards him. Jeez.

I don't have Heckler, sorry, but most of Tudor's material was great (Showoff 1 and 2). You might find his teaching lacks depth, but his stuff is great and definitely worth taking the time to learn them. However most of the stuff I've seen Tudor do are flourishes and I understand that Heckler is a magic DVD, so I don't know how well his magic is. If it's anywhere near his flourishing standard, I'd certainly say it's more than worth the money.
"Watch this, you ready now? Watch this, watch, watch, watch, watch now, watch closely, watch this, you watching now? Watch, watch..." - David Blaine
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
We don't buy video's to watch some guy show off his moves, but rather to learn how to do them. So Tudor screws us constantly Smile
CLJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
281 Posts

Profile of CLJ
Like I said, if you're willing to take the time to learn Tudor's material with his poor teaching, it's well worth it. You won't find Tudor's material taught anywhere else except in his videos.
"Watch this, you ready now? Watch this, watch, watch, watch, watch now, watch closely, watch this, you watching now? Watch, watch..." - David Blaine
Stephane Jardonnet
View Profile
Regular user
since 2004 and already
147 Posts

Profile of Stephane Jardonnet
It's funny that you say that because Tudor in french means : You sleep Smile

Well, I've seen the DVD Heckler : No comments.
I liked better the show off series for the flourishes.

This DVD is one trick only, ( actually, a bunch of effects in a row ) Some may find it interesting, I didn't. The worst is that you cannot see all the explanations in a row. You have to play with your remote for hours. The explanations are pretty short but clear indeed to who knows the tricks and techniques...

But once again, one may love that DVD. Yet I wouldn't put that DVD in the best of Tudor. And I've also seen DVD's worst than this one, So I wouldn't put it in the worst of the year's category.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
Thanks for the brief review Stephane.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
Quote:
On 2004-09-01 00:57, CLJ wrote:
Like I said, if you're willing to take the time to learn Tudor's material with his poor teaching, it's well worth it. You won't find Tudor's material taught anywhere else except in his videos.
Very good point.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Quote:
Very good point.

Agreed. (In honor of you TG Smile )
Ricky B
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
172 Posts

Profile of Ricky B
Quote:
On 2004-09-01 03:25, Stephane Jardonnet wrote:
It's funny that you say that because Tudor in french means : You sleep Smile

It's funny, I always thought Two Door in French meant "you sleep."
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1894 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On 2004-08-31 09:36, in flames wrote:
I love Tudor! The guy can handle his cards. His teaching is less than desireable, but I learned a lot of flourishes and cuts from his video's.

Its quantity or quality... regarding his last dvd, it definitly had a lot of stuff... the teaching was crappy as with the rest of his vids, but what if he did teach really good, doesn't it still boil down to what people do with the material??? Theres some dvd's out there that only teach a few routines or moves, but it teaches it very well... but if people can't grasp the concept, it will still look like crap in their hands..so for me, I would rather have the quantity of moves with basic explainations... As for this new video, I still havent seen it but from the above posts, it seems like it followed the same footsteps of his previous dvd regarding the teaching except its got less material...
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
elie brown
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of elie brown
Iamslow,
so now it is no quantity and no quality also?
A little bit too much no?
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
I think people are tired of him because he just doesn't care about the product he is putting out. Like he is just throwing stuff out to get some cash. I think that some of his flourish stuff was good, but he was too lazy to teach it.

And this DVD? NO flourishes and bad teaching? I wouldn't buy it if you paid me. This sounds like bad news, and from the 2 reviews posted above, I wouldn't touch this one.

Phantom
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1894 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On 2004-09-04 09:07, elie brown wrote:
Iamslow,
so now it is no quantity and no quality also?
A little bit too much no?

Like I said, I havent seen it, but if theres no quality or quantity then it probably doesn't have much to offer compared to the amount being asked... As for phantomace, I think this wasnt supposed to be a flourish dvd, but a magic dvd so this would show his other side of performing... I guess??
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
If you are looking for
"GOOD TEACHING QUALITY IN CARD FLOURISHES"
I suggest you go with Cradle To Grave by De'vo.

Brian Tudor is a really good card handler but not a good teacher.

With regards to the question, Showoff is better than the Heckler.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Heckler DVD by Brian Tudor (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL