The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What constitutes a "pro"? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

giochi
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of giochi
Is it whether or not you are working full time? If you have ever been published? Is it how many years you have been practicing? A certain amount of knowledge attained? A combination of all? I'm interested to here peoples input on this. What is the point in someones career when they can call themselves a "Pro"?

I am not talking about what performers say to laymen, as I am sure that if they had a brain and wanted to book more work, get better reactions, and make what they are doing believable they would hopefully tell people that they are professional. I'm sure people who are novice with a few tricks they purchased tell laymen that they are a professional for those reasons. Who here considers themselves a professional and why?... What is a professional?
MichaelSibbernsen
View Profile
Special user
Omaha, NE
513 Posts

Profile of MichaelSibbernsen
The most accepted definition is simply "One who earns a living (or majority thereof) from their chosen profession."

This definition assumes, but in no way guarantees, proficiency and knowledge in that given profession.

Some of the greatest and most influential magicians in modern history have been "amateurs".

MS
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What constitutes a "pro"? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL