The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Al Schnider Dvd's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
magicah123
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicah123
Can any one please review these new dvd's by Al Schneidner? What is the skill level? Do you reccommend

Thanks Adam
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Are these out yet?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I have not yet seen these but saw Al Schneider years ago (1978) when I was a kid (13 years old) attending a convention in CT (Magiconn 78). Al did some of the smoothest magic I've ever seen - his style is slow and methodical but VERY VERY powerful. It looks like REAL magic. You don't see any fishy or fast moves. Al really thinks about magic and HOW to make it stronger. He is also an excellent teacher. At Magiconn 78 Al was kind enough to take the time to show me various concepts while I hung out at his booth and demonstrate how they applied as he performed some of his pieces. They were lessons that really sank in and that I took with me for many years to come in my performances. These DVDs come out next week and I am truly looking forward to them as my understanding is that Al tips his mitt on these 4 volumes. They should be great with very valuable lessons and great magic. I consider Al to be a major influence as to why I got so deeply involved in magic despite just meeting and learning from him as a kid at this one event.

I am also fortunate enough have a sneak peak at another upcoming L&L release which I will post about soon... so far all I can say is WOW! This may be one of L&L's hottest releases ever which is saying a lot considering Wonder, Malone, Osterlind, Daryl, Ammar, Maven, McBride, Burger, etc. More details to obviously follow soon - L&L is really stepping up to the plate with some hot releases coming up.

Tim Trono
Magicman862
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincy, OH
385 Posts

Profile of Magicman862
How soon will you be telling us about the new release mr. trono?
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
They are out.....Hocus Pocus magic has them......
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2004-09-02 13:15, Tim Trono wrote:
I have not yet seen these but saw Al Schneider years ago (1978) when I was a kid (13 years old) attending a convention in CT (Magiconn 78). Al did some of the smoothest magic I've ever seen - his style is slow and methodical but VERY VERY powerful. It looks like REAL magic. You don't see any fishy or fast moves. Al really thinks about magic and HOW to make it stronger. He is also an excellent teacher. At Magiconn 78 Al was kind enough to take the time to show me various concepts while I hung out at his booth and demonstrate how they applied as he performed some of his pieces. They were lessons that really sank in and that I took with me for many years to come in my performances. These DVDs come out next week and I am truly looking forward to them as my understanding is that Al tips his mitt on these 4 volumes. They should be great with very valuable lessons and great magic. I consider Al to be a major influence as to why I got so deeply involved in magic despite just meeting and learning from him as a kid at this one event.

I am also fortunate enough have a sneak peak at another upcoming L&L release which I will post about soon... so far all I can say is WOW! This may be one of L&L's hottest releases ever which is saying a lot considering Wonder, Malone, Osterlind, Daryl, Ammar, Maven, McBride, Burger, etc. More details to obviously follow soon - L&L is really stepping up to the plate with some hot releases coming up.

Tim Trono

Tim, thanks for taking the time to inform us.

Are the new DVD's you speak of the one and only Docc Hilford?

Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
No - surprise release which I will write about generally after I finishing viewing this weekend. Great material. Stay tuned Smile

Tim
notammar
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of notammar
I love the fact that the day of (or maybe a day after) a DVD is announced, people are asking for reviews.

This is repeated with every L&L release.

Is this a joke?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2004-09-03 10:51, notammar wrote:
I love the fact that the day of (or maybe a day after) a DVD is announced, people are asking for reviews.

This is repeated with every L&L release.

Is this a joke?

Do a Café search-we've been making jokes about you.

Some folks are privey to get these DVD's early, so we ask for reviews. Lighten up.

notammar
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of notammar
"Are the new DVD's you speak of the one and only Docc Hilford?"

I don't think so. He said they were good.

The new Lavand DVDs released by Meir Yedid are great. I'm not sure why people don't have these.
Magic Dave
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Magic Dave
So, does anyone have a review of these yet?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Has anyone seen the video clips on the L&L site of the Scneider DVD's?

Magic Dave
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Magic Dave
Yes. I ordered them.
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
579 Posts

Profile of RandyM
Not fair Tim!!! Darn it! I was just about to order the Al Schneider DVD's when you threw me the curve ball about a new upcoming release.

Hopefully you will at least give us a name by the end of the day.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I just got the scoop on the new Al Schneider DVDs, and want to say that from what I hear, these will be really special. Reason? Well, in these DVds, Al not only teaches you effects, BUT, (and we have been sorely needing this for a long time) he also teaches you the PRINCIPLES that lie at the very core of magic deception. Translation: He teaches you how to kick butt and blow minds with the tricks you perform.

Oh, man these sound DELICIOUS! I can't wait to get my hands on them.(Of course I'm a little broke right now, but I can dream, can't I?)

Anyway, after teaching you each principle, he teaches you an effect to drive home the point of the lesson. So we're talking about the teaching of sound magic theory here, folks.

We are literally talking about the hows and whys of performing magic.

Sound great to you? To me it sounds irresistable!

I can not say "Go out and get these tapes" from the standpoint of having seen them, but I have a strong hunch that that advice would be well stated, and I intend to take my own advice.

I know for a fact that if I have to put in overtime to come up with the bucks for these, I will surely do just that.

A brief listing of some of the effects on the tapes:
Crossed Card Jr
Al's Basic Vanish
Palming A coin
Hand Motions
One Open, One Closed
Five steps Of Deception
Shadow Coins
1 Copper 1 Silver
Virtual Magic
Dynamic Coin
Tri Vanish
Crossed Cards
Sly Napkins
One Half Gone
Hugs And Kisses
Source
Coin Through Hank
Split Silver
Cups And Balls
Face To Face Aces
Serpent Strinmg
Ring Gag
Linking Rings
Golf Balls
Fusion
Zombie

Plus, several more!

(Not A Complete List)

HOT, HOT, HOT!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
363 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
It looks like a repertoire DVD set not based on card magic. Kind of whets my appetite.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I think you are correct on that, Jim.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
JJP161
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
509 Posts

Profile of JJP161
I just read about these in my newest L&L catalog and can't wait to get these. I'm hoping we'll get to find out what's in store for us next as they've had such fantastic stuff lately it's hard to imagine how they'll top it.

Joe
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
So that people could easily read the stuff L and L have to say, here is a link: http://llpub.com/
These sound really great. I am not much of a DVD person, but I can see my self buying these. I read his column in Genii, and think it is great, so hopefully some similar stuff here!
Owen
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
As promised, please see my new post "new Osterlind Easy to Master Mental Miracles" - HIGHLY recommended when they do become available... not sure of specific dates at this point. In the mean time I cannot wait to see the Al Schneider DVDs which should be out this week. He is quite a thinker and his magic truly LOOKS like magic.

Tim Trono
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Al Schnider Dvd's (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL