The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » My Close-Up / Carry Pack (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

El_Lamo
View Profile
Special user
Canada
589 Posts

Profile of El_Lamo
I went to Home Depot and bought one of these organizers. It came in a package with one this size and two half the size.

Full size looks like this.

Half size looks like this.

I took all of the larger compartments and put them in the full size one. The compartments are the perfect size for a deck of cards and will hold two decks each.

My wife glued a piece of cardboard to the top. After that she glued a close-up pad to the cardboard. We trimmed the half circle area where the handle is. Then she used cording (Walmart 99 cents = 2 metres) to trim the edges of the cardboard (below the close-up pad).

The end result is a fantastic working case that has great interchangeable compartments and a superb close-up surface.

Cheers - El Lamo
Life is a system of circumstance presented coincidently in an illusory way.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I would also suggest putting in some thin foam liner in the drawers and such...to protect your goods.

That is what I did at least.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
King Of Pop
View Profile
Veteran user
Estonia
392 Posts

Profile of King Of Pop
There are better ones, this is not so good for you magic stuff. Like Astinus, I also suggest you to use some foam to protect your staff Smile

God Bless You, I Love You
God Bless You, I Love You From The Bottom Of My Heart
paymerich
View Profile
Special user
Norwalk, CT
546 Posts

Profile of paymerich
Got mine and I love it . great suggestion...
Have a Magical Day!
<BR>
<BR>The Maniacal Mage
<BR>
<BR>Pablo Aymerich
<BR>Norwalk, CT 06851
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
When this was first posted I went and got one of each. Best things I have gotten in a long time. Keep one for silk magic shows and the other full of walk around stuff.

Peter
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
tony4938
View Profile
New user
Stafford, UK
94 Posts

Profile of tony4938
Anyone know where I can get in the UK?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » My Close-Up / Carry Pack (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL