We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Levitation of a.....Puppet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wacky wizard
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of wacky wizard
Hi Everyone

I have just purchsed from ebay 2 extremely cute
Lamb Chop Puppets which I intend to use in my preschool shows.

Last night my partner and I and a bottle of red wine discussed the idea of actually levitating the puppet.

However blame it on the wine or whatever but you drew a blank.

So does anyone know if there is anything on the market that could be used - or failing that is there any other Mini illusions that could be used with a puppet. Something self contained and portable. But Stunning

Any Ideas???

Look forward to hearing from you.

Wacky
El_Lamo
View Profile
Special user
Canada
589 Posts

Profile of El_Lamo
Isn't a levitating puppet called a marionette?
Life is a system of circumstance presented coincidently in an illusory way.
AlmostAmazingJames
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of AlmostAmazingJames
There are a lot of effects including levitation with ventriloquist dummies (that could be used for soft puppets too) in the book "Ventrilomagic". You can get the book from Maher Studios http://www.maherstudios.com
honus
View Profile
Veteran user
354 Posts

Profile of honus
If it were me, I would just raise my hand in the air and say, "Looooooook, it's flyyyyyyyyying, just like Harry Potter!" In other words, play it for laughs, like most things in a kid show. But I work for the younger crowd.

I did levitate a white tiger - stuffed of course! - in a birthday show. "Now, this isn't one of those big shows you see on TV, where tigers fly in the air . . ." as the tiger floats up out of a box. Which, of course, I don't see until the kids tell me. How did I do it? Hey, the levitation was easy. The hard part was training the tiger to stay in the box!

Honus
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Take a look at the mini asrah effect. It is designed for a levitation and vanish of a doll, but you could use the same concept and build something for a puppet.
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Levitation of a.....Puppet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL