We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Scott Alexander DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
maiglesias
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of maiglesias
I love the DVDs and have purchased Shattered from Norm Nielsen as well as Final Answer from Bob Kohler. I have performed Shattered and it is a WONDERFUL effect. I have not yet performed Final Answer because I want to give it the attention it requires. Great effects! Great thinker!
Marcos Iglesias MD
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
If you can only choose one of these dvd's, which one would you purchase first? I can only afford one dvd at a time at the moment so anyone have a particular favorite? I am eventually going to own both, just not right now.
maiglesias
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of maiglesias
I would start with the Midnite show. Bullet catch is a fun, close-up version of the classic. Shattered is amazing! If you have Dean's box, Scott has some good handling and presentation ideas. I think you'll like Water Monte as well.
Marcos Iglesias MD
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Thanks maiglesias! I've already put my order in!
Richard Shippy
View Profile
Special user
Scottsdale, Arizona
510 Posts

Profile of Richard Shippy
These DVDs are AWESOME!!! His routines are very refreshing! Excellent ideas! One of the best video sets I've purchased this year.

Take care,
Rich
"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds." ~ Winston Churchill
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3958 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Rich,

I totally agree with you. Mr. Alexander's ideas and approach to magic are refreshingly new. His routines are entertaining and are within the technical means of every magician, professional or amateur. His color changing silk and silk fountain effect are great as well. I hope he comes out with a four o'clock show DVD. Highly recommended.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1172 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
If you had to choose one to start with, I would start with the 12:00 show. I have both and enjoyed them both. However, I am using more material off of the midnight show.

Shattered has been featured in my stand-up act.

Water Monte has been done a few times in close-up and once in stand-up.

I am starting to work on Coffee Break now. It is quite the nifty little routine that I want to devote some time to before performing it in the real world.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3958 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I also would start with the midnight show. Many commercial and unique routines. I liked the Coffee Break routine but it does require a certain nack to do it right. I like the water monte effect but again you have to experiment so you know exactly the amount of "you know what" to use so that the effect works correctly each and every time. The bullet catch is terrific and of course shatterd is great. It is a real show piece.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to the midnight show. It should be on the way Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Scott Alexander DVDs (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL