The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Best Trick With a Thumb Tip.... (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Vanish about five pennies and a dime.
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2004, Jessie Altamirano wrote:
Cut and restored rope!

Jessie

If you want to save on using up too much rope--the thumb tip is the best way to go.
The method you use to perform the trick is not the important thing, the audience don't see that. It's the routine that counts.
Slydini, in his book uses the thumb tip for the cut and restored rope. The tip is stolen away as he goes for the scissors.
Tricky Ricky
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
I use a tt with a card index affixed to the nail to create an "instant stooge" along with a crystal to demonstrate a mind reading effect. (Of course, the card is forced.)

It's easy to dispose of the tt and leave the crystal untended for curious onlookers to peruse if they are so inclined.

Julie
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Matt Mello put out a great effect using the TT with a lady on stage. Matt is a Genius and his thinking out the box is what I like about this routine.
Tricky Ricky
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
I find working the corporate strolling market for 20yrs, the Bill Switch is the most requested biggest reaction effect done with lots of comedy routine...
Pauldelafontaine
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of Pauldelafontaine
I like to do an effect where I load a billet into an envelope as a prediction with the tt.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Whats the larges realistic hard thumb tip.for my rope routine.
chinablue
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of chinablue
Watched Jay Sankey at Blackpool few years ago.Where he got a spectator to write his name on a piece of paper.He folded it up and blew on it,when he unfolded it the name on the paper was SANKEY.Its on his front row dvd.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2021, wally wrote:
Whats the larges realistic hard thumb tip.for my rope routine.

Thank "longest." In addition to any desire to sneak away the evidence, the TT can be used to mask the rope connect in the palm

After the cut, the two rope segments can be shown to be separate (hanging as two separate ropes)
by using the TT to cover the connecting loop(s) with casual swing of the hand that "confirms" that the rope was cut.

In my RemCut routine I use this TT mask technique to mask an apparent showing of separate ends of a rope after a knot is untied. i.r
the rope is shown to have two ends even though it is actually a joined loop.

A TT can be used in ways having nothing to do with what fits inside.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
stevevoltz
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of stevevoltz
Aaron Fisher, Adam Grace and Alex Slemmer over at the Conjurer Community YouTube page did a whole 50+ minute video on their take on this just last year. Like most of their stuff, well worth watching. Best Thumb Tip Magic Tricks
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
You'll need a ring and a purse with the spring metal that you squeeze to open it. So, vanish the ring in the TT, the usual way. Pick up the purse and squeeze it to open it. Insert thumb and TT into the purse. Release pressure and as the purse closes, it holds the TT and you can pull out the ring with your thumb and as it emerges, you use your other fingertips to hold it, too. The TT is held back in the purse.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Although it is said, on the street, the dang bill change is the best TT trick, I do not find it so.
I do a bill change where the bill is folded a little, it changes visibly, and it is much cleaner than
one with a TT. No gimmicks. Why would the author of Switch also use something similar if this were not true.

You do not have to agree, you can keep doing the same fold it up in a wad deal if you want.

But the thumb tip must still be one of the most underutilized miracle workers out there.
Blaine G
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Blaine G
Passe Passe Salt at a dinner table
jim ferguson
View Profile
Veteran user
Ayrshire, Scotland
386 Posts

Profile of jim ferguson
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2021, countrymaven wrote:
Although it is said, on the street, the dang bill change is the best TT trick, I do not find it so.
I do a bill change where the bill is folded a little, it changes visibly, and it is much cleaner than
one with a TT. No gimmicks. Why would the author of Switch also use something similar if this were not true.

You do not have to agree, you can keep doing the same fold it up in a wad deal if you want.

But the thumb tip must still be one of the most underutilized miracle workers out there.

In the original manuscript, there is also a tipless handling, but most didn't use it at the time.

Both approaches have their strengths and weaknesses, and it really depends on the actual trick and performing environment, which one will be best.

In some pieces a tipless approach, or even a gimmicked bill/note will be appropriate (we call them "notes" in the uk). Especially when the bill/note isn't going to be handled or inspected by the audience.
Other times a tt handling will work better - a transposition of bills/notes for example.

Both approaches can look great when done well.

Jim
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2004, Mediocre the Great wrote:
1. Dean Dill's Sweet n' Dough- very clever effect.
2. $100.00 Bill change (w/ mismade bill; Ammar's method)
3. I pull a rainbow silk streamer from a borrowed bill, then put it back into the bill.

The $100.00 dollar bill chang is best done WITHOUT a TT. That is the origional method and is easier and simpler.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Best Trick With a Thumb Tip.... (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL