The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » David Williamson DVD's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
A punter is someone who takes part in a bet If you put money on a horse, you are a punter. If you do the lottery you are a punter. If you take part on a Three Card Monte game, you're a punter.

It's also someone who takes you on a boat on a river, but that would only confuse things!

On a separate issue, Peo mentioned that Magic Frm has Bonus Footage. I see this a lot on DVDs and Videos that they have a "Bonus Section". Is it possible to have something as a "bonus" if it is on every single DVD or tape???
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Hmmmmmmmm???
Yours,

Ivan
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
Hahahahaha. Jon, how astute!
I recall something that was in Richard's Collected Almanac. An amusing essay by Jon Racherbaumer called Racherbaumer's Laws. A little bit about dealers laws.

Nevertheless Davids DVD's are my favorite pick of the year. I'm in total awe...with or without "bonus".
So to anyone who is interested:
"Order yours before they run out!"
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
A number of magicians have great chops, a number of magicians are very entertaining, and a number of magicians make their magic seem effortless, but very few magicians meet all three criteria, and David Williamson is one of them. Buy the DVDs.

Larry D.
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
I just got a first look at two excellent DVD's last nite. One had me on it, so I won't bother telling you about that one....

The other was Magic Farm. It's terrific. Jon's picks are mine, as well. Do as he says and buy the thing.

Some of the routines, like the "Dazzler" routine, will require a working knowledge of moves that most working magicians consider standard. If you're new to the top change, palming, or "Tilt" variations, it's going to be a while before you're doing this material. However, if you do perform for money, you'll appreciate the years of experience that's evident in the construction of these routines.

"Funner Color Stunner" is remarkable. I've done the original, with my routine, for many, many years. This is the first time I've ever wanted to--heck, needed to--think seriously about using someone else's. The scripting is wonderful, and Mr. Williamson tips the real work on creating the proper mood and moment. I had to watch most of the material twice to really understand how well constructed it is. I was laughing too much the first time.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
thecardman
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
218 Posts

Profile of thecardman
Quick question, Dave

Will you be brining any of your DVDs to Ron's this weekend?

Hope you have a good journey over.

Best wishes

Peter
:)
My new manuscript, "The Difficult Second Album", is now available at www.thecardman.co.uk
David Williamson
View Profile
V.I.P.
190 Posts

Profile of David Williamson
Hi Peter

Yes, providing they cleared customs! See you there.

Dave
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Quote:
On 2004-11-20 21:28, Jon Allen wrote:
It's also someone who takes you on a boat on a river, but that would only confuse things!

It’s also someone in American Football that gets paid a lot of money to shank a 20 yarder.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
I would like to point out that nobody won the competition I was running. The correct answer was, of course, 'The Memory Test'. I am sure you will be kicking yourselves for not noticing that the description of 'The Memory Test' was, in fact, describing the trick called 'Cocktail Dazzler'.

Now as it's a rollover, the next prize will be a TWO week all expenses paid vacation to the country of your choosing.
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
D***!!

Hmmm... I noticed that Jon, but did not want to embarass you. Smile I choose Las Vegas.
Yours,

Ivan
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Posted the below in the wrong section..you might enjoy the story at the end of this posting Smile

That guy wants us all to turn it in..to stop do magic!
He's just too much!

Not entirely new to me, but I still get amazed and get tempted to burn all the stuff when I see him perform..
Oh wrong word..he doesn't 'perform' nor does he do magic, he entertains using that silly thing called magic..

I just saw his latest DVD 'Magic Farm' and once again had 'the experience'..

As mentioned, not entirely new to me, I did se the other stuff from him earlier, as well as his lecture at Ron McMillans, where he did the Hindu-thred (f.ex.) purely by 'sound' apparently braking the thread 'by sound'..amongst other great stuff..

Also I had the other 2 DVDs of his stuff already on tape, I nevertheless got the series on DVD..

I can only advice anybody to get his complete set, watch it..and quit doing magic..

There are a very few real entertainers in the world of magic and David is on the very top..and in his case he ALSO has added incredible skill and elegance to everything he does..

An outstanding performer of this century...how can anybody be that good??

Yes, I know, constant work before paying audiences almost from childhood, but that is not the complete explanation, one has to be 'dedicated', magic has to be ones 'life', one also 'needs' TALENT and that one can't be'practised'...

A funny incident happening in the late 1980s at a convention at Helsingborg/Sweden where David worked..this again shows, he does pull off stunts wherever he is around..

A friend of mine bought his first tape in the lobby of the convention hall, he payed (can't recall the exact amount, but I just insert 'figures')with a 1000 kroner bill, the tapes price was 200 kroner..

Dave fumbled around in his 'purse' and handed as 'the change' back to my friend not only the original 1000 kroner bill he got, but 5 or 600 kroners more..
My friend protesting was shrugged away by a *it's OK* and David walked off...

We looked at each others and didn't understand a thing..and of course thought he was out of his mind..that guy simply was crazy/nuts a case for a certain place to get stuffed away

After a couple of minutes David came back and said something like *Did I make a mistake, did you get less change back, you'll get the rest*..and then he accepted to get it settled to the correct amount..

He played through all this in his usual serious (actor)way, and really walked off and quite some time passed before he went back..

At the same convention he made me laugh so I got tears in my eyes..

He did a stagelecture, entered/came in with his suitcase, put it on the table, opend it and apparently looked for some stuff inside..getting more and more confused- and you know how good an actor he is- he turned that suitcase upside down on the table and the whole table was filled with strange props, TTs, silks, decks of cards, rings, ropes, whatever..he fumbled around all this with a deadly serious face..
It is impossible to describe the reaction he got, one had to se this..

BECAUSE, it all started very seriously..we started to get 'pitty' with him when he couldn't find the prop in the first place when he searched for it..'poor guy' we thought and he acted more and more confused..

When he finally turned the bag upside down and fumbled with both hands around all these props searching for a special one, it took some seconds/minutes before *we* got it..he had set os up..and the laughters he got where out of this world..
What a great start to a lecture before magicians..I'll never forgot the impact he made..
Get everything he puts out..you'll not able to do it near in the style/timing and skill he can, but it will entertain you to se him work and it will take you back to earth, if you think you are able to do some 'magic'..you don't..NOT compared to that guy!!!
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
frankw
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of frankw
THANK YOU! THANK YOU VERY MUCH David!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your friends
Frank, Annett and Jenny
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Even though I have Dave's two previously released videos getting them on DVD was great. The material really stands up as some great stuff. Plus who would
want to miss those episodes of Willy in Portugal? There must be some really funny stories to go along with some of those clips. Not sure I could take much
more of the Proclaimers.....
Tom
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
730 Posts

Profile of ftlum
I loved Magic Farm! It's been my best purchase of 2004 so far. It's definitely go me inspired to work on the top change.

For those of you who have watched it, I was wondering if you can tell me: during the explanation phase of Cocktail Dazzler, Dave demonstrates how he spreads the cards for the spectator to pick visually. I believe he then closed the spread and pressure fanned the deck. But he still apparently kept a break while doing so, as he then immediately demonstrated the original force. What move / technique is that (i.e. how did he keep track of the force card during the pressure fan)?

thanks in advance,

-- Frank
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Just Excellent!!!! Three of my top DVDs.

Dave, we want the fourth one. Pleeeeeeeeease!
Yours,

Ivan
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
Mike Close just reviewed Magic Farm in Magic. I going to order it on Monday. How much work is required to perform Cocktail Dazzler?
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
Can someone give me an idea of what Michael Close said about Magic Farm in Magic????
~joeKing
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
In essence...Get It. Highly Recommended.

Quite a lengthy review, but ends by saying, "Magic Farm offers professional caliber routines from one of the best in the business. I recommend it."

Also, he said he will be putting Liars Poker in his bar act when he works the Magic Castle.
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
Just sent my check out to Dave for the Magic Farm dvd. Still wondering how much work/sleights are required to perform Cocktail Dazzler?
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Cocktail Dazzler is within reach of almost any serious performer. The sleights are not too complex.

A good top change is a must!
Drive Carefully
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » David Williamson DVD's (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL