The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Art of Street Performing II and III (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
rsummer27
View Profile
Loyal user
South Carolina
225 Posts

Profile of rsummer27
Just got my DVD's in this afternoon. I had a horrible night on the pitch. Everyone's away for labor day weekend. Watching Cellini until 4:00 in the morning really brought the magic back for me. Both DVD's are packed with a lot of practical advice. Cellini talks with other street performers on various topics from dealing with the police to managing personal relationships while your on the road. In part II Cellini walks you through his act. He explains his cigarette routine, his coin routine, cups and balls and a rope routine. I really like the rope routine. He shows a method for tonguing cigarettes that looks really cool. I've almost choked to death on smoke while trying it.

The third video is the one where you really gain a feel for the inside work on street performing. Cellini interviews several of the top buskers and they talk about the real work in street performing.

These are two videos that I will watch again and again. If it wasn't so freaking late I would hit the curb again.
Ralph
Giggles the Clown buys all of his
supplies at www.madhattermagicshop.com
Super Low Prices on Videos and DVDs!
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Where did you get them from?
Peter
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
rsummer27
View Profile
Loyal user
South Carolina
225 Posts

Profile of rsummer27
Kozmo mailed them to me. PM him for details.
Giggles the Clown buys all of his
supplies at www.madhattermagicshop.com
Super Low Prices on Videos and DVDs!
ns
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
237 Posts

Profile of ns
Mind if I ask which top street performers he interviews?
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Gazzo, Taxi Trix, Dante, Lucky (The Lucky Show), Blair T.

Those are some of the "Top" guys he interviews. Then he interviews Me and Kozmo.

Everybody he interviews is a worker The "top" label might make everybody other than Gazzo a little uncomfortable. Smile

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
836 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
Who is Taxi Trix? What a great name! Describe the act! LOL. I love it. These are my people but I'm too friggin old to work so bloody hard. Maybe if I had been doin it for the last 30 years, it would have kept me young, and flexible. God I admire you people. I don't think James Brown was the hardest working man in show business. You are. Bless the buskers every one!
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5331 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Well....hum......a.....well....um....ok

koz
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2107 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Hi koz, Are the DVD's available in Region 2 format?
thanks, matt
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I just got mine. Haven't seen all of it yet, but WOW!!!

People who didn't like the first one probably wouldn't enjoy the third one either. But, vol. 2 has all sorts of good, workable material complete with full explanations that work whether you perform on the streets or for Cub Scout banquets (although you might want to pass on the cigarette routine)

Vol. 3 is nearly exclusively interviews, with no explanations. For street workers who are already "out there" they probably know most of this, but it's still good to hear from others in that position. For new performers, it's quite an eye opener to hear all the "war stories" from those who have already been there.

Have you heard the saying "Worth it at twice the price?" Well, these cost about twice the average magic DVD, but don't let that stop you. They are indeed worth it.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5331 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Glad you like them. Well those of you that have seen them.

Yeah, I guess. We sell them all over the world so I guess they would work in England.

Thanks Dave. Glad to see you got it. You were the first dude, and you're right. Part 3 will not be liked by those who don't get it, but if you want to do this for a living, you need to own the complete set.

koz
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2004-09-06 22:43, tedb wrote:
Part 3 will not be liked by those who don't get it, but if you want to do this for a living, you need to own the complete set.

koz
Ah come on Ted..I don't work the streets, but I still want part 3 too...don't try to scare me off Smile Smile
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Quote:
On 2004-09-05 15:32, foolsnobody wrote:
Who is Taxi Trix?

Taxi is a brilliant guy.

He has written some great articles on busking that can be found here:

http://www.performers.net/library/taxi.html

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5331 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Werner,the differeance is, you GET IT....BIG difference

there are a lot of little things in part 3 that everyone should know....how to get work, oh and that little peice on transitions from one effect to another....IMPORTANT stuff...

theres a lot of stuff there..

the thing is, there are people who didn't like part 1, those people didn't get it and they wont get this...thats all

koz
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
836 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
Thanks Danny for the link to stuff by Taxi. odd thing though when I went there I found a link to his webpage...which turned out to be a page selling dental plans! was this a joke, or....??? struck me funny.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3399 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Taxi is also in part one. He's the guy with the yellow unicycle and yellow crate amp, I believe.
Oh, my God, transitions. What a great freaking topic to cover. That's when a lot of them can walk.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5331 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Yea...well we touch on it......but its enough to show what we are talking about....

koz
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

What a shame it looks like *The Art of Street Performing* is finished.. Smile

I really do miss one of the GREATEST !

Also no magic act..but it would fit the title (*The Art of Street Performing*)...

A guy working as *Steve and Jack*..one of the best, IF not THE BEST streetperformer of them all..

Steve Bernard!

Wanna bet he GTM more then anybody else in this bizz?

I would take up almost any bet at all re this.. Smile

But mind you, it is not a magic act..it's an entertaining act Smile Smile

Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5331 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
That's it werner...see you do get it Smile

its always good to hear from you dude!

the best
koz
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5331 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
By the way werner, you are going to love the art of 2 and 3...trust me you will
koz
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2004-09-07 14:32, tedb wrote:
By the way werner, you are going to love the art of 2 and 3...trust me you will
koz
I never doubted that.. Smile

I love to watch and get educated by COMPETENT performers who actually made their living from what they do, more then performing myslef these days!

A very simple thing, f.ex.
The paperbag stuff in Cellini's book, where the spec is throwing an invisible ball towards the bag ( I know it is an old thing) aso. simply is top class entertainment and shows how entertainment is created!

Not by fingerflinging silly moves but by *acting* and Cellini gives a rememberance of Charlie Chaplin when working...
He is a great actor...

Anybody able to entertain a crowd by simple means, like by the use of a paperback, is a much better entertainer then a guy doing invisible passes and boring the specs with his *skill*, I know, because I was one of those guys.. Smile

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Art of Street Performing II and III (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL