The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Art of Street Performing II and III (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2041 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
I just watched "The Art Of St Performing" Volume 2

It is good shooting that makes it an easy watch. I think this is a great DVD for some one how is just starting out. For a lifer then a makes an interesting watch and study where you may pick up a few tips. Most of which is covered by the book "The Roal Touch"

The only thing I disagreed with was Cellini statement is in regards to Gazzo crowd pulling, (I just don’t think that was Gazzo best example of pulling a Crowd.)

At the end of the day I will give it 8+ out of 10.

Koz: I like your friendly approach on the DVD and I like your table, good stuff.
Mario
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5339 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Thanks,
In the future we will go into detail as to what makes it work on the streets...a dvd just about hat lines and how to deliver, what works, that kind of thing

As far as Gazzo, I'm not sure what statement you are talking about....we wanted to show several examples....that was one....

I'm glad you liked it, and I hope you found something useful on the dvd.

koz
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Mario,

I didn't take Cellini's statement of Gazzo's crowd pulling to be a criticism of Gazzo. By watching the Disc you can see that it works. Gazzo pulled a heck of a crowd.

When Jim said, "I think this is a better way" and showed Kozmo with the rope and the props I think he is right if you take "better" to mean the same as "easier".

It is much easier to lay out a rope and find a way to be eye catching with noise and color than it is to have created thirty minutes of verbal comedy to use to draw people in.

When Gazzo draws a crowd he does it much faster than anyone could do it with a rope. He also develops an instant bond with the audience by talking with them to draw them (notice I didn't say talks TO them).

But, for most mere mortals this is not possible or would take years to develop.

I try and do both but I also have a background in comedy (not a very good one but it gave me enough to get by). If a person isn't "funny" I think the chat up version of crowd drawing would be the kiss of death.

In my opinion there is nothing harder to watch than a fresh start performer attempting to go back and forth with an audience and failing. Most people in his audience who will talk to him will have something funny to come back with when he talks to them. he needs to be able to capitalize on this and if he doesn't have the experience there will be a lot of times when he will be left with nothing to say. Those moments hang in the air like a stale smell.

Gazzo's way is much harder for a beginner I think and that is probably why Jim said the other way was "better". that's my two cents anyway.

Peter Gross draws a crowd with a lot of comedy and audience management as well. I'd love to hear his take on this as he is a lot more experienced than I am. Not to mention great at it. Pete, any thoughts?

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Koz,

I told you I'd order from you but the wife wouldn't let me have the check book. Fortunately I was able to order them online with my credit card (heh heh heh). Sorry for the miscommunication.

Anyway, got them yesterday. Great stuff. I'm still watching vol. 3. There is so much there. It's amazing. Thanks for putting all of this together.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5339 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Thanks for buying them.
Guys, I don't care where you buy them as long as you do! Smile

Danny is right, easier with a rope...I can do it both ways but tend to use the rope.....had a dream last night about building an audience...did it with out a rope....new idea...wont talk about it cause its likely really stupid...we will see.

koz
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2041 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Thanks Dan
For setting me right, on that point.
Mario Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
I just got these. My GOD! These are the GREATEST materials for magicians ever. The knowledge shared will help any performer. These are not just for folks interested in street performing.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5339 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Lol...are you being sarcastic.....Smile

koz
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
Me? Not at all. These DVD's rock!!!

Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Koz,
just relax and be happy, some ppl know good material and info when they se it.. Smile
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2041 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Why is it that someone keeps moveing threads, after all these posts as well, it does not make any sense?
Not impressed
Mario
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5339 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Lol....its just best for me that they get talked about...at least I think its best....i want to sell them all Smile
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Gazzo's style gives me the creeps!.Calling the spectators
names makes me keep walking!.Cellini is a true artist
however,I love him.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5339 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Yea...but gazzo makes the cash!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
Funny about Gazzo. I HATED him before getting Volume #3. In this volume you get to see the real Gazzo- a true professional, and Gentle-Man and a class act.

An there is some guy called Kozmo that's a first rate performer and full of charm. (Nice hair, too;-)

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Art of Street Performing II and III (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL