The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Music for starting and ending a kidshow (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roodsnavel
View Profile
New user
the Netherlands
42 Posts

Profile of Roodsnavel
Do you have titles/tips for instrumental music before starting and after ending a kidshow? I'm a clown with magic tricks, my style is relaxed and not very loud.
Greetings from Holland

Harry

God Bless You All!!!
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
I use "Rockin’ Rabbit" from Arthur Stead's first CD: "Make It Magic: Amazing Music for Kidshows Vol. I" before I start. I really don't have any set 'leaving' song because I switch off between a few.

You can get Arthur's CD here: http://www.arthurstead.com

Good Luck,
Andy
Chuck Lyons
View Profile
Loyal user
Channahon, IL
264 Posts

Profile of Chuck Lyons
Well roodnavel, Previously I used calliope music Ringlings the Grand entry. It is very circusy and it got my show off to a rousing start. But since I have found this list I had doug at lions studio creat a custom cd for me to start my show. Not only does he announce the start time in 10 & 15 minutes but he tells the audience parents & adults that they should expect to have fun with magic and My special friends (puppets) and not to be surprised if they become part of the show ( I use many volunteers from my audience. The cost of this cd is $50 and with music under the intro it is a additional $25. I have intros done both ways and it is professional and very well done. He did both big show and bithday party show intros & closers. Contact him at Lions studio.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Jay Scott Berry's first CD.

It's the best and you will use at least 3 of the songs
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7414 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
You will find many threads about the subject of music for your show, including kids shows, in the F/X section of the Café.

Here is one thread to get you started:

Magic Café thread... Background music for children show

- Donald.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Midwestmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Bartlett Tn
110 Posts

Profile of Midwestmagic
Is Music really neccassry ?
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1085 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Use some stuff from "Drew's Party Music". He has tons of cd's out, many of them kid friendly.
PRAISE FOR TIM'S BOOK, PERFORM:

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"My favorite book for performers!" Bill Cook

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12001 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
"Is Music really neccassry ?"

No, but it sure does help. You can do magic (without counting on comedy) and be effective. This is where you can show your stuff.

I open with Puttin on the Ritz and do a dance with the appearing cane then magic for about 4 minutes. It helps get the party started:)
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Checked out Snead's site. But without a demo clip I'm hesitant to buy. In this day and age, not having samples is not too savy.

Tod
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
I open with Puttin on the Ritz and do a dance with the appearing cane then magic for about 4 minutes. It helps get the party started:)

HI,
Your a young guy, why such old music for a kids show
how about "gonna get this party started" at least the kids no it, putting on the Ritz would put me to sleep!
Phillip
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
What about a comedy music intro with one of those pieces of music that never seems to finish and keeps interupting you every time you try to speak.
I've often thought of getting a re-recording of "Hooray for Captain Spalding" and changing it to "Hooray for Magic George" and doing a parody of Groucho's intro in Animal crackers. Too much? Too old?
George
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12001 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
P.B.

Thanks for the compliment:)

For now it is working but I may change it later. I'm one who can't stay with same routine for long.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Music for starting and ending a kidshow (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL