The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Knife Through Arm (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2079 Posts

Profile of gabelson
I'm interested in purchasing the Knife Through Arm. Who, in your opinion, manufactures the superior version of this illusion- Mak or Bazar de Magic?
Nachtzehrer
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
318 Posts

Profile of Nachtzehrer
I think Morreti is selling is version, or get the Amazing Jonathan one. I don't have them, but I've been told that they are very good.

Alex
Alex
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2079 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Thanks for your feedback. The Morreti one doesn't seem to be available, although there are tapes where you can watch him do it. I'm not sure which product is the one the Amazing Jonathan uses.

G
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Watch out with these things. The ones on e-bay are really cheap, rubbery knockoffs that look horrible!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
Reis,

We need more posts like yours. I for one hate to think I'm getting the real deal only to end up with cheap copies of an original!
EBay has some of the worst stuff!

Support your dealers. They can answer questions if you have any. Most are happy to help. A lot have 800 numbers.

Thanks,

Magickman
What man knows he calls Science
What he has yet to learn he calls Magick
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I just got the Mak version in. Pretty cheesy (and noisy!) for the stiff price. I would put it at about $49 rather than $89+, but what the heck. It's just a gag 'few seconds' in the routine.

I wish someone who knows would post about ALL the many versions of this and which are made better than others and who is selling what version. I never got an answer from Malloy on what his is like (which is why I wound up getting the Mak).

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2079 Posts

Profile of gabelson
I heard that the one made by Fun Inc. has a better blood delivery system (more manageable) and may be superior. Anyone own this one?
Ralis
View Profile
New user
Horrorwood
75 Posts

Profile of Ralis
I bought the Amazing Johnathan's Knife-thru-arm and I love it. You can take it apart to clean it if you need to. I am going to get my blade chromed as I have worn off the finish after years of use.

The blade is a good sturdy metal one and the handle is small just like a real knife, not oversized and fake looking. Good blood pump too!
I won't just scare you
I'll F@#$ you up for life!
Ralis
www.ralisfx.com
www.deadbyday.com
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2079 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Just ordered one from Tony Parx at parxmagic.com. From what I understand, it's the best Knife Through Arm on the market. Can be done completely surrounded.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Do you have a link? Couldn't find anything on Google.
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1940 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
I have one Knife Thru Arm version. Dunno the manufacturer, but imported form USA. The wooden handle is bigger than the knife. And the blood container is too small. And noisy.
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick" and Shaman's spirit table
https://youtu.be/Rlgl4CzUa98

IG: @affordable_illusions_magic
Khopri
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, TX
237 Posts

Profile of Khopri
I've never played with the knife through arm, but I'm wondering if you could find a better product by going through a studio prop department or a prop manufacturing company. I know the old Warner prop dept. had some amazing stuff that could be applied to the things we do.

Has anyone tried going this route?
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2079 Posts

Profile of gabelson
If that link isn't working anymore, (parxmagic.com), I'd just do a Google search for Tony Parx magic. What's cool about Tony's knife is that the "rivet" on the handle controls the blood flow.

gabelson
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Trying that search, thanks.
unilogo
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas , NV
359 Posts

Profile of unilogo
You can also buy it off hank lee.

Just hit "ultimate knife thru arm" on the search.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Does Hank carry a good one?
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Ricardo's Knife Through Arm is the one on Hank lee site.

I saw another one that showed the knife slicing through the arm, eeiry for $400 though!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Doug Malloy has his version for $95, anyone have this one, anyone at all?
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Any links? I haven't tried this one. Thanks
kcalB
View Profile
Inner circle
Took me 16 years to make
1001 Posts

Profile of kcalB
Let me try to end this debate right here and say that not only because of quality differances but MOST IMPORTANTLY because of the size differances at the critical part of the blade that the only way to buy a KTA is close up and personal.

You have to try it on,...PERIOD !

What works for me won't work for someone with skinny forearms and the reverse of course is true.

Sebastian Black
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Knife Through Arm (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL