The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Knife Through Arm (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Sebastian....seach continues....
unilogo
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas , NV
359 Posts

Profile of unilogo
http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/customer/pr......p;page=1

That is not Ricardo's that is from Tony Parx.

From what I understand it is THE BEST KTA out there. It can be done UP CLOSE AND SURROUNDED, NO SWITCHING, and it is NOISELESS.Plus it has the killer look of a real knife like the one Amazing J uses.

To me it sounds like perfection so I pretty much kind of did give up on the idea of the 400$ KTA.

I really wanted the effect but it looks like a classic KTA that doesn't have much quality. The fact you have to get three knifes and a case makes it sound like it is only suitable for stage. Really sounds like a switch is involved if you only use two knifes. But no reviews or thoughts on this yet.

Me, I am stuck wanting Icarus effect now and I am pretty certain I will get that before the KTA so it might be a long time until a review of the 400$ one. Even then I need my KTA for close up and the Tony Parx knife seems to fit the bill.
So hence I might just get the Tony one and end it there.

The search does continue.

Good luck.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Icarus sure does look good on demo. Hope demo is true.

Are you saying the "Ultimate KTA" $210 one on Hank's site is a good one? What about forearm size, does it matter?
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
How messy is this with the blood coming out? I mean, can we control the flow so it doesn't drip out onto the floor? Just a few squirts appears to be fine for the illusion.
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Hello

I used to use KTA in my show, however I now use 'Slasher' which is much easier to operate and is 100% reliable. Also I think that the effect is more frightening as it is much more believable. Anyway, take a look http://www.blackhart.co.uk/page55.html, there is also a small video clip.

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Keith,

Very interesting. Does the blood ooze from the razor or do you need to add it in by sleight.

They said shipping is included also (USA perhaps). THis looks like it has some promise. I may have seen it before but cannot remember.

thanks

Candini
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Hello

The blood comes from the blade of the razor, you can set it ready 30-45 minutes before your act. It can be done in close-up.

Shipping by surface mail is included in the price and takes up to 12 weeks to the USA!. So for shipping to the USA we recommend airmail @ 20%, for Slasher that is £3.20 making a total of £19.20. Believe me that is a real bargain for this effect which you will get many years of use from. I use this in my act every time. I've tried all the KTAs and even sold one version but in the end I produced Slasher and in my opinion it is far easier to use and much more realistic.

All of our effects carry a 90 day money back guarantee.

Regards

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Keith!
Mr.P
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Mr.P
Hi guys
Tony Parx here, my knife is probably the best and available from me for £80 $160 dollars, tonyparxmagic@hotmail.com.
I have just designed a new knife, the vertical knife through arm, out very very soon!!!!!

Cheers

Tony
Mr.P
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Mr.P
Just read one of the above, my knife is an all in one, automatic, self retracting blade hidden blood compartment, looks and handles like a real knife, can be perfomed surrounded, and I have seen it on tv, performed on a spectator, and oh, I was in paris not too long ago, and saw gaetan bloom use my knife at the crazy horse,,,, so there!
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
I have a slasher myself, but I bought it used, and the previous owner allowed the faux blood to dry up inside it. I don't what kind of fake blood it was, but it hardened like rock. I managed to get most of it out, but I think maybe something's still not right because I have a hard time keeping the blood in it without dripping, and if I back off the amount of blood, I don't get a nice solid line.
Major bummer !
I like the idea behind the "blood delivery system" (my quotes, not theirs) - I originally figured it would be a silly rubber tube along the back, but it's not.

Keith, do they now have black handles, or white handles .. or both ? Mine's white, although I would have preferred black.. ah well, used is used.

BTW, most people probably don't know this, but for quick and dirty currency conversion, just type " 16 GBP in USD " in Google to convert 16 pounds british sterling to US dollars.
This also works for all kinds of conversions, gallons to litres, kg to lbs, yen to rubles.. you name it.
The keyword is "in".
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Dan Mindo
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
125 Posts

Profile of Dan Mindo
Has anyone here purchased the Parx knife? If so what are your thoughts?
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Mystician

The cheap joke shop blood is actualy the best to use as it runs easier and washes off.

They come with either white or black handles. When I buy a batch of razors I have no idea which will be sent.

Please email me about your 'problem' and I'll speak to you about it. Smile

I used to use the Parx knife. It was the best of the KTA. I used to sell them but now I sell Slasher instead.

Keith Hart
Dan Mindo
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
125 Posts

Profile of Dan Mindo
Thanks Keith, a friend of mine has an Andruzzi straight razor. Can I assume that Slasher is similar to that?
Bill Fienning
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of Bill Fienning
I use a Wenk brand straightedge razor that is gaffed like Andruzzi's. Wenk has a replaceable blade and might be the best for this particular application. However, I am not familiar with the Slasher sold by Black Hart so I cannot compare these.
Bill Fienning

"It's More than Tricks"
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Hello

You can see 'Slasher' here: http://www.blackhart.co.uk/page55.html just click on the projector icon to watch a short video clip of 'Slasher' in action.

We have a currency convertor on our website. You can also access it here: http://www.blackhart.co.uk/page52.html

In my opinion the cut throat razor effect is much more frightening than the KTA, because it is so much more believable.

I just love Slasher because it really does 'pack small and play big'.

Keith Hart
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
By the way, I didn't mean to imply, should anyone get that impression, that the blood that comes with the slasher is the same that dried up inside mine.
Bottom line is, I don't know what was put inside it, because I got it used.

Thanks Keith, I'll take you up on that. But first let me take a digital pic or two of it for reference.
-Paul
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
I just ordered my Slasher from Keith....
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Keith, for some reason I don't see the projector icon. Is that any indication of the condition of my soul?

I am very interested in this prop. I think it is ideal for a sacrifice.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
I have the Tony Parx Knife.

It is decent model with the handle smaller than the blade. The handle is wooden but a little square and boxy looking. I might sand down the edges. The rivet that controls the blood flow does not give much blood. I added two syringes for more blood and better control.

I think there are probably better models out there but for 75 pounds its quite good. It looks quite like a real knife, good for stage as the blade is large. I might end up modifying it and embedding the syringes inside the handle and making the handle look better with smooth edges and a better paint job.
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Knife Through Arm (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL