The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Can we rephrase the title ?? :) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
In rememberance of W.C. Fields I would suggest:
The Little... @#$%$@ (*.. Smile
(Don't worry, I love children, but I am realistic) Smile
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
This is not meant as a flame, but if that is really how you see children, you should re-consider whether you want to do magic for them at all.
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I agree Neale.

I have a child that means everything to me. I know that other parents feel the same way about their children, or at least they should. Remember, those kids belong to someone and they are very, very preciuos. I love being around kids. In fact, I guess that I am somewhat of a kid myself. I know that they can get to your nerves sometimes, but can you imagine what the world would be like without them?

Regan
Mister Mystery
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Pls. read again what I wrote.., Smile
You didn't get the point..and maybe you don't like the humour of W.C. Fields or mine..
Just read again what I wrote.. Smile

Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I thought it was rather humorous...but I can see how people would be offended.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Werner G. Seitz,

I only needed to read it once. It wasn't very funny to me. OK, I'll read it again. Nope...I'm still not laughing. I can see where that line could be funny when used in the right situation. Maybe if I heard you or W.C. say it I would think differently. I'm sorry, but when reading it I don't think the line itself is funny at all. If you meant it as a joke, no problem. I didn't mean to come down on you too hard. We all say things as jokes or otherwise that we don't really mean sometimes.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
W.C. Fields' humour is an aquired one. Many people don't have it...but I love Fields.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
HI,
Come on guys it was clearly a joke, I love my bunnies but I still make jokes about it.. like if someone says "is the bunny going home with you" I reply "yes or I will be having just potatoes and veg for tea"
Phillip
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
So that's how you get s w e a r words on the forum!

I hate to say it but words like that are hardly considered swearing anymore. I've heard worse used by kids and on TV shows that kids watch.
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1143 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
That, my friend, is a sad commentary on the state of the world we live in now days.
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Not really...

It's a reality of the changing nature of language and how words meanings, emotions and acceptability change over time.

The word in question, which has been changed, originally just meant illegimate children, then it became an insult for people of poor breeding. More recently, it became a strong term of abuse.

these days, its power has lessened through use...much like the *$%&@#, #@@**^* and !@#%&^**&#&#& $&$&%& &$&&%.

:)
Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
This was clearly a joke, it's a shame some people on the Café can't always see such things and take the written word far too literally.

Like every other parent I love my kids, but it doesn't stop me joking with the other parents at the school gates about the little horrors. It's a god given right of every parent to jokingly moan about our kids, some jokes and moans, especially during the school holidays, only a parent who's been there and got the t shirt fully understand and the humour is the way of coping with the stress's of having 2-3 kids around you demanding attention 24/7.

Nick and Scott are both right about swearing,
1, many words have become so much the norm, that some people don't even see them as swearing anymore.

2, some words in the english language have taken on totally diffent meanings from the original. IE, the word gay, used to mean happy. (yes I know gay isn't a swear word, I'm just useing it as an example as if I used another word it would get blanked out)

3, Some people (usually in the rougher/poorer areas)do not consider swearing bad, and swear openly in front of everyone even kids. these kids then get really confused when they start school and can't understand what they've done wrong when they get told off for swearing.

4, it is a very sad reflection on todays society.
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

"Magic is a secret, without the secret there is no magic"

Remember there are only 3 types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
What about when someone says "If such and such had of been my first kid, she/he would have been my last?"

I am guilty of this I know said jokingly. My oldest 3rd grade teacher has also said this of her children.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2004-09-08 06:53, Candini wrote:
What about when someone says "If such and such had of been my first kid, she/he would have been my last?"

I am guilty of this I know said jokingly. My oldest 3rd grade teacher has also said this of her children.
Kill him ?? Smile

Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
When I'm chatting to other parents and they mention that their kids played up really bad in town etc I've often given the jokey advice that they should put the kids in the freezer for a few hours before they go out, it makes them more managable. it works for me Smile

nevous breakdowns are hereditory, you get them from your kids.

<<<I know that they can get to your nerves sometimes, but can you imagine what the world would be like without them?>>>

Apart from I'd be out of a job several things spring to mind;
Quiet sunday layins, money in my wallet instead of photo's,
my phone bill cut in half,
being able to actually find the cordless house phone on it's stowage and not search their bedrooms for it.
lower milage on my car as taxi service no longer required. etc etc etc.
going more than 10 minutes witout hearing the words, I WANT, OR CAN I HAVE, DAD SHE'S BEEN IN MY ROOM AND TAKEN MY CD/MAKEUP/CLOTHES/SWEETS ETC ETC ETC.

The list goes on and on, would I want it that way? no, because that's what being a parent is all about.
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

Remember there are only 3 types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.
wol
View Profile
Loyal user
Norfolk, UK
238 Posts

Profile of wol
Children a like farts , you only like your own!
Keep passing the open windows!
Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
He he he brilliant, I hadn't heard that one.
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
The word "Darlings" in this Forum is quite obviously used tongue in cheek. We all feel that way at times about probably our own and other people's kids, but you know, I think an essential ingredient of being a Children's Entertainer is a fundamental liking of children and enjoying (for limited time spans) being in the company of children. Yes, I fit this category.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Can we rephrase the title ?? :) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL