We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Rabbit Magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Just wondering if anybody has any good ideas pertaining to magic w/live rabbits. Any ideas will do.

I recently acquired 2 mini rex rabbits: one white, the other black. They are both the same size...any ideas anyone?

I have already thought of producing the black rabbit, turning it into the white rabbit, then indroducing it as Michael Jackson...

Johnny Mystic
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3737 Posts

Profile of Julie
Check the Tony Marks floating rabbit thread. Good stuff!
Scruffy the Clown
View Profile
Loyal user
Coldwater,MI
233 Posts

Profile of Scruffy the Clown
I think I would do it by producing a large bottle of "Hare Dye" and then producing the black rabbit.

Just my 2 cents, but as a clown, I could never pass up the opportunity to use a good pun.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5711 Posts

Profile of Regan
Scruffy,
That is exactly what I did when I used to do my color-changing rabbit routine.

Johnny Mystic,
I like the Michael Jackson idea. Very funny!

Regan
Mister Mystery
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Scruffy...like the hare dye gag.

Regan, you might or might not like this idea I have.

Magish magically produces a white rabbit. Then the magician puts the rabbit in a blender, turns it on, blood and fur all swirl together creating a pinkish fluid.

When it is poured into a glass it is seen to now be a strawberry milkshake.

Okay, so it's not a kids' trick.

Johnny
<BR>I never inhale Smile
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2132 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I've got a feeling your the only one that would drink it.
Matt
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
It really is a milkshake though. Come on somebody's got to try a taste, I would but I'm lactose intolerant.

Johnny
<BR>I never inhale Smile
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Johnnymystic:
No mater what spin you put on your idea, it shows your distain for one of the gentlest of animals.

Sadly, I am sure their would be an audience for your suggested routine. After all there are people that set fire to dogs, and discard their pet (live) in plastic trash bags.

Bob
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Well...I have no disdain for my rabbits, I love the little guys, remember folks I am a magician and everything is an illusion. Why is it okay to saw a women in half and not put a rabbit in a blender?

The rabbit milkshake is an idea I got from a trick that is on the market, Harry Anderson ate his pet guinea pig, I'm drinking my pet rabbit (methods are totally different).

I'ts not really much of an illusion more of a gag (get it?) And would be performed for it's shock value more than anything.

Personally I would probably never even perform this trick...I just came up w/a method to do it. The neat thing about it is you can go to Wal-Mart and buy the stuff to make it.

Any nice ideas for magic w/rabbits would be helpful...I'm really not looking to buy any props such as...
Take apart vanish
Mirror Box
Square Circle
Bunny Box
Dagger live stock vanish
Tophat Production
Rabbit Wringer...
I already know how to build these, so I'm looking for different ideas...anybody?

Johnny Mystic
<BR>I never inhale Smile
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Johnnymystic:
No mater what spin you put on your idea, it shows your distain for one of the gentlest of animals.

Sadly, I am sure their would be an audience for your suggested routine. After all there are people that set fire to dogs, and discard their pet (live) in plastic trash bags.

HI Bob,
I think you are being just a little over sensitive as Johnny says it's just a joke/trick it does not mean he dislikes animals I have 3 bunnies and two cats which I love dearly but I still joke sometimes for example if someone says "are you taking the bunny home" I reply "oh yes or I will be having just potatoes and veg for tea"

probably the UK most famous (now deceased) magician/comedien Tommy cooper used to use a bugie box where the dove (swiched for a latex one) is placed into a box to dissapear it, when the magicain waves his wand the box explodes and the box parts and feathers fly everywhere ...
Phillip
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
There is not as many production or vanish methods commercially available anymore. I search more and more auctions to find something for my black rabbit.

I use the Mak's bunny box but I need an alternate method. He and I doesn't like bags.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2231 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I can't remember the name of the magician who made an instructional tape on kiddie magic where he placed a live rabbit in a topless box. The rabbit would peak when he wasn't looking. Finally, the rabbit disappeared in the box. I think it was a great trick but he didn't reveal how it was done. I guess it was a dummy rabbit head and it was remote controlled. I'm not sure.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
That's would be awesome Lou. I know Terry Herbert's video has a big house that has a remote rabbit first popping his head out then later he finds his real rabbit inside.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Quote:
On 2004-09-09 13:40, johnnymystic wrote:
Well...I have no disdain for my rabbits, I love the little guys, remember folks I am a magician and everything is an illusion. Why is it okay to saw a women in half and not put a rabbit in a blender?

Because the women choose to be there whilst the rabbit did not.
Terry Harris
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Terry Harris
I always rent my rabbit. Crazy ? well yes but I live in a condo and have no place to keep a rabbit. I went the the raiser and ask how much to buy a small rabbit. She gave me the price and I said I'll return it Monday. Keep the money and from now on I'm going to call you Hertz Rent a Rabbit. It works for me. I charge $50.00 extra for the rabbit part of the show and it cost me $12.00-Terry
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20534 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Terry,

You're too smart to be a magician!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2020 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Candini,
How big is your wabbit?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Rabbit Magic? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL