The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » OUIJA BOARD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bigplumbz
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of bigplumbz
Just received a Ouija board for an effect I am devising, but I need help from you guys. Can anyone guide me as to how to get the glass to move without me touching it, only two spectators? Preferably no thread-work?

Any resources would be much appreciated!

Bryan
Laughing Otter
View Profile
Loyal user
Behind you!
205 Posts

Profile of Laughing Otter
Have you tried PK?
bigplumbz
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of bigplumbz
Yeah, however it is still not quite what I am after. Thanks for the help, though.
Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
Seems to me I remember something of a solution you put on the table and the mouth of a glass, one leg of the table is raised slightly. After the medium and spectator let go of the glass, it creeps away by itself.

There are plenty of good Ouija routines out there! Bascom Jones MAGICK, Séance, Jinx, and Invocation have some of the best! But to find those wont be easy or might prove costly. And I will tell you, worth every penny if take this séance stuff serious!

Magickman
What man knows he calls Science
What he has yet to learn he calls Magick
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
Osiris
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Osiris
One way that comes to mind would be to have some kind of portable (and quiet) heat source that can warm up the air in the glass. This causes it to expand and thus, the glass will move as the air escapes. It would take some R&D, but I think you could cultivate a means by which to control direction, etc.

Another thing to try would be one of the new Teflon based cleaners you see advertised on TV. I believe they even have a wipe cloth with Teflon in it, just wipe down the board and the rim of the glass, a simple platelifter beneath the board would give you sufficient elevation to cause the glass to skate about...at least, in theory.

Best of luck!
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
I would say it depends on a few factors, how controlled you want the movement to be, and, the item used as the plancette. It sounds like you are using a regular table/water glass? If so, then my idea will not help (those above would be better suited to experiment with), however, if you are using a larger plancette style device, then why not consider ...wait <I will pm you!>
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
bigplumbz
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of bigplumbz
Thank you all for your kind help. I have tried all of the methods you have provided. I think I will possibly combine them to create the perfect movement.

Thanks guys.
Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
Why is thread not an option?

Just curious. And what is the desired effect?

Magickman
What man knows he calls Science
What he has yet to learn he calls Magick
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Try Micro Mark's Microscopic Glass Beads.

Awesome! Howie Diddit.
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
bigplumbz
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of bigplumbz
Micro marks? Any idea where I can find out about this?
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
MicroMark is a company who makes miniature tools. The microscopic glass beads are just that, used for sand blasting. They are so small that in relatively small quantities they cannot be seen. In that form they act like tiny ball bearings. You can use them with card tricks to cause cards to travel and separate, or in my case to "mysteriously" move heavy books. I haven't done it but it seems to me with a little tilt or vibration a planchette would move easily. Look themem up on the Net.

Slim Price
sanscan@tds.net

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
gareth123
View Profile
Loyal user
Rotherham UK
245 Posts

Profile of gareth123
How about using magnets?
*is tihs migac or am i sineg aonhter wlord in wihch i nveer lvied UNTILL NOW*
7th_Son
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
437 Posts

Profile of 7th_Son
Quote:
On 2004-09-19 20:10, sanscan wrote:
MicroMark is a company who makes miniature tools.

Is this the stuff?
http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares.asp......ID=82534
"Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet!" - Groucho Marx
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
You got it!

Slim
sanscan@tds.net

Nyama Possessor
View Profile
Veteran user
Under the Shade Tree
322 Posts

Profile of Nyama Possessor
Just a suggestion maybe after you make the glass move, you could follow up wit John Kennedy's "JUMP!", unfortunately JUMP! is on my wish-list, so I have know idea if it is well worth the price. Check it out here: http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/customer/pr......tid=1947

-- Krossbearer
The Honorable NYAMA POSSESSOR

Co-Founder & Co-Creator of MAGICAL REALISM, Owner of ANCESTRAL REALM PRODUCTIONS

* 17 Year Member of the Shadow Network * ICBM Alumnus *

Creator/Author of SUMMONING RUMI and numerous other underground proprietary releases...
Books, routines and tools coming soon, available only and exclusively at www.AlchemyMoon.com
Lee Davies
View Profile
Regular user
Derby, England
136 Posts

Profile of Lee Davies
Bigplumbz,

If you are not fussed in which direction the glass moves then if you can get you hands on an old mobile phone - rip out the vibrater bit (this can be run of a 9v battery pp3). Conceal this in the board or under the table and this can be used to vibrate the glass around.
I will not cease from mental fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand...
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
If you can make the glass move, why not the planchette? It would be more accepted.
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
The vibration thing sounds great! You could "Aim" the Planchette like I used to with my players on a vibrating football game..... Elevated on clear plastic strips pointed or bent in the opposite direction.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
444 Posts

Profile of scolman
I know this thread is a couple of weeks old now but I thought I should just share some info.
I bought a board from http://www.PortalsToTheBeyond.com and also a number of magnets from http://www.wondermagnets.com.
The planchette that came with my board had little ball shaped wooden feet on it. I discovered that it was relativey easy to dislodge these and hollow them out. I then put three very small magnets into the hollow feet and re-attached them (making sure the polarity was in the same direction on each one).
Now if one uses a very strong magnet (try the big neodymium ones) with the same pole facing the ones under the planchette - positioned under the table. One gets a very strong repelling effect. For some reason this freaks people out and they don't think its a magnet because the planchette is almost visibly pushed up and away (most poeple seem to think of magnets as attracting only)This is especially powerful if the spec. has a hand on the planchette (lightly)
The one downfall of this method is that its near impossible to control the direction of the planchette so you can forget about spelling anything. This effect would be more to give the impression that a spirit has become angry, or merely to demonstrate the existence of a supernatural presence.
Simon

One of the books I got from Jim Magus, "Tales from the talking board" is absolutely brilliant - so many effects. There are a number of methods suggested for moving the planchette around.
Anyone using an Ouija board for magick should have this book.
Simon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » OUIJA BOARD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL