The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » A Card in My Dream (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
I had a dream last night. My dream was of the sun and the moon shining at the same time in a peaceful place, a place where dreams come true.

And in my dream, there appeared the back of a playing card; just one little playing card...and just the back of that playing card.

At first, I couldn't see the face of the card...just the back. I wanted to see the face of the card and tried and tried. Believe me, I tried with all my might.

I almost didn't get to see the face of the card...and then I remembered that I was in a place where dreams come true.

And when I remembered where I was in my dream...the card slowly revolved and revealed itself to me...and I knew the card.

And then I awoke.

And now I'm here.

Would you like to guess which card in my dream? You can think for a minute if you like...

This is intended as a presentational approach for any "think of a card" effect, i.e. ID, Memdeck, etc.

Please include your comments.

Patrick Differ
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
Jordan Waller
View Profile
Special user
South Yorkshire, England
609 Posts

Profile of Jordan Waller
Hey it is also like several presentations of the Dream Card efffect.
One day I will write a book

www.jordanwaller.tumblr.com

website coming soon...
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

It sure is. I also posted it in the wrong area. It should be in "The Words We Use." My error. Patrick

Jordan Waller
View Profile
Special user
South Yorkshire, England
609 Posts

Profile of Jordan Waller
Fari enough no harm done. lol
One day I will write a book

www.jordanwaller.tumblr.com

website coming soon...
Mauricio Jaramillo
View Profile
Elite user
Colombia
412 Posts

Profile of Mauricio Jaramillo
I like that idea Patrick
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6164 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Patrick, the interesting thing is that at first you were trying a verbal force and I think you might be onto something.
If you added, "I could only see half his face before the dream went away... I tried very hard to use my mind to see that card, but you can't use your mind to see it... this was a romantic dream... it uses other senses... and then the card winked at me and I knew..."

I think with what you've already said, including always saying that you could almost see the FACE of the card you probably get people thinking it's a court cards.
If you now add "his face" it might trigger kings & queens.. by saying half his face hopefully it will trigger the one-eyed jacks and then by saying you can't figure this out using your mind because it is a romantic dream I would hope it would trigger the Jack of Hearts.
Who knows, this might lead to something.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Greg,
I like a good percentage play with a good out.
I like it A LOT!
I also like Think-a-Card and its variations. I've been thinking of ways to do it where their card is of a different color using a store-bought deck...in Mexico. Yup.
And now you've introduced me to a verbal force...
All I can say is "Hmmm..."
And thanks!

Patrick

alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1668 Posts

Profile of alexhui
Very inspiring posts by two men, Greg and Patrick.

Some ideas:
1. 'A bright sun is shining on the sky. I can see a dark card very far ahead...I cannot see it clearly but it's a little bit odd to me...'
You can probably force 3 of Clubs or Spades.

2. 'I was in a darkness and a light suddenly appears in front of me...it seems to be a card, but it's too bright and I could not see it clearly..it's a kind of special and simple...and I feel the warmth from it..'
Psychologically you probably get Ace of Hearts

More forces can be used by elabirating Greg's ideas and I think forcing count cards will not be a problem then.

Alex Hui
The Real Way of Magic is to touch the soul of our audience, but not to touch the ego of our soul
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
Cheers guys very helpful thread!

Tom
Devilix
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of Devilix
Inded.....very good thread.

Thanks guys.

Devilix
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
I use a similar thing in invisible deck.

"I woke up last night, I usually don't wake up during nights so I have no idea why I did. Anyway, I woke up and stood up stiff like a board of wood, I started walking like a zombie and walked to my briefcase, I took out a deck of cards, I went thru them, my eye lids were flickering, and suddenly it just felt right and I turned one card over, put the cards back in the case and I went back to sleep.

I woke up the next morning, today and remembered it all as a dream, I didn´t think it happened for real. But just when I was about to leave, a weird feeling came, it was like a bright flash sddenly and on my black screen on my mind I saw a card case, I quickly ran back into my room, opened my briefcase and took the cards out and went out, how I am here, in a deck of cards is 52 different cards so it´s 1 on 52 that the card is the same one you have in mind, I want you, sir to say a suit. Spades? Alright. And you madam, please say a number, anything from ace to king. Seven? Alright, so you, sir picked a spades, and you madam picked a 7? As I said before, I woke up last night, took a card out of a deck and turned over and went back to sleep, and... it just might be... The right one.

Oh! Right there is a face down card! Would you mind pulling the card out of the deck for me, madan? Please turn it over.

Thats the 7 of spades, 1 on 52!

Thanks for your help."

As you see, you can make a quite long presentation on invisible deck, BIll Malone has one too, but he uses humor more than drama and a story like mine, his presentation is great.
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » A Card in My Dream (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL