The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Not unexpected (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dario
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Dario
Does somebody do this trick?

Do you have some tip in the handling?

Is effective to the spectators?

I think that they can notice that tape is used on the rope...

Darío
Christopher
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Christopher
Witht the right color of tape, this works fine and I've performed it several times for school assemblies. I still prefer the walking knot though.
Dario
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Dario
Yes I was planing to performa the efect for adultus but I'm not sure is sure fire.
My idea, and that was the thing I liked and for that I bought te trick, was talk about that for me is impossible to do like other magicians the cut and restore rope, I just can cut but never restore it, by the way, I can do a good think with a cut rope...

Perhaps have two adults person so near...

I'll think about it, Any ideas?

Darío
MaGiShN46
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of MaGiShN46
If you use masking tape ive never had a problem with that but I don't get how to pull the rope out of their hands

and switch
Christopher
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Christopher
As you turn to talk to one spectator, the rope is pulled out of the hand of the other. It's all in the timing and the sudden movement.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Where is this marketed? How much? Any videmos?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Dario
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Dario
Ok.

I don't like the idea of pull out of out of the hands, but I do this with children in the hang'hem hig effect when I take a bow at the end of the effect.

Now I have a problem with hang 'hem high, with adult persons I think they will keep the rope...Any idea?

In the Not unexpected I have think in tell to a espectator (the one you have to change the rope) "Let me take the rope and please, look in the middle where I cut and look for some kind of joint or something..." and then when he is examining the center of the rope and missdirecting the espectators to the center point do the switch giving him back the rope now switched.

Another option can be say at the beginig "Please, hold the rope in your finger tips and allow see the people all the rope in every moment" so when you pull it they won't keep it

Hope this helps

Darío

Hank Lee and I think Abott also, carry the effect

Darío
MaGiShN46
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of MaGiShN46
Thanks all and all good suggestions
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Not unexpected (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL