The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » 12 Year Old Girls Party (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
triadsong
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, NY
170 Posts

Profile of triadsong
I know that it won't last but I thank God everyday that my daughter is only 5!

Best of Luck!!
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1141 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
Donald,

Thanks for the info. And, yes, I've searched the Café for this topic prior to posting. This thread provided just what I was looking for though.

Thanks again to everyone who is willing to share from their storehouse of knowledge and experience.

Scott Smile.
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
Mike Robbins
View Profile
Elite user
Anchorage, Alaska
447 Posts

Profile of Mike Robbins
Quote:
On 2004-09-15 08:54, Emazdad wrote:

My kids don't even want me to park my car near their school, and god forbid I even speak to their friends let alone show them a trick. To your average teenager Parents are an emarrassment and are just there to finance their lifestyle, taxi them around everywhere, supply them with food and accomadation, and to be there when things go pear shaped.

lol. I can relate!
The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
Shakespeare
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1141 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
Just a quick update. Some people enjoy hearing how their advice has helped, so here it goes. This past weekend I had the opportunity to perform the show that started this thread.

I must say I couldn't have asked for a better bunch of 12 year old girls. I performed my coins from silk close-up routine, many routines from my family show, directed a couple of fun games (really more of an outlet for some personal expression), taught everyone how to make a basic balloon animal, and then made balloon animals for everyone. The show was really well received.

Oh yeah, I also perfomed one of John Zander's routines, Your Card. And it fryed everyone there. John has an excellent lecture. If you get a chance to see it, DON'T GO. I don't want everyone else using his material too Smile.

Scott O.
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7426 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
When I do shows for this age group, I do an adult show (clean, always! Smile ), and am sure to include mental epic (they seem to like mentalism, as well as magic). They also really like balloon hats at this age.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1141 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
Actually, one of the effects I did is a mentalism type effect. I display a small box containing an object, and I ask a few people to guess what is in the box. After a few guesses, I explain that there is a whole world full of items that might fit in the box. So, I have conveniently reduced it to about 30. Each of these is written on a slip of paper and placed into a bag. After reading 5 or six (like toy car, can of green beans, message from your Aunt Mabel) I give one person (in this case the Birthday girl) a chance to "do the magic." With a message of "you can do anything if you put your mind to it" I have her concentrate on the bag and then the box. I tell her "When you're ready, just dig into the bag and pull out one slip". Of course what's written on her slip and what is in the box, match. And she is amazed at her own ability, plus gets a nice little gift.

This is just the outline for the routine, but when fleshed out, it gets a nice reaction from everyone.

Scott Smile.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » 12 Year Old Girls Party (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL