The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Packs Flat Plays Big (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cameron Fisk
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, BC
194 Posts

Profile of Cameron Fisk
I need to research some more effects for my kids act that packs flat and plays big! The problem is that I have to have my stuff fit into 1-2 suticases at the most. What are some good routines?
Chippo
View Profile
New user
Pittsburgh, PA
8 Posts

Profile of Chippo
How old are the kids? Younger ones like anything that has bunnies, animals or characters they recognize. Keep it light and faster paced.
For older kids (7-10) I do stuff like mis-mades, 20th century, rope stuff, sponge, some cards if it has a little story and lots of comedy. 1-2 suitcases are perfect for larger stuff too, like H-H rabbits, Dove Pan productions, Stat-O-Spheres etc.
Good luck!
Keep the Magic Alive
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
Cameron,

I will talk to you at the next VMC meeting. I have a lot of ideas for you. I am a big believer in pack small play big.

You might want to read the other thread on this subject in this area.
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
Paul G
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Paul G
Mouse routine from 5 Minutes w/ a Pocket Handkerchief
Balloon bag from Jeff Hobson
Blank card silk turns into the freely chosen card.
Fantasy Magician
Miser's Dream
20th Century
MisMade Flag
Rope thru Body

Paul
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12011 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Is this a school act or birthday party?
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I think the best flat pack item is rope. Endless tricks kids enjoy with rope, ity fairly cheap and looks great.
Matt
Cameron Fisk
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, BC
194 Posts

Profile of Cameron Fisk
I was going to make this act for kid's parties. The only thing I that I know people in libraries and schools that want me o do shows for them when I get my act together. So I guess that I'm going to need stuff for both. I most likely won't be doing too many libraries or schools for the next year because I'm still in school but I might as well start working on it.

Cheers,

Cameron Fisk
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I think that to... I would be doing a lot more school shows if I wansn't at school however I do shows with my school but for free. However... if the end of term summer christmas I can take the time off and perform to the playschools and schools.

Matt
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Jump Rope by Sammy Patrick Smith is a great routine. To name a few more; mouth coils, What's Next, T&R Newspaper, Sponge Balls, almost anything with silks, six card repeat, and C&R rope.
robertwong
View Profile
Loyal user
Calgary, Canada
212 Posts

Profile of robertwong
Dan Harlan's Pack Small and Play Big DVD series!! There are a lot of ideas Dan shares with you and all the items you need for his routines are easily obtainable or made.

Robert.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12011 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Another DVD?! I'm going broke here Robert!:)
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7401 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
For packing and playing big, you have to go a long way to beat silks and flowers.

Colorf Changing Plumes is a personal favorite.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Packs Flat Plays Big (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL