The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Wolfs Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
Hi Folks,

I notice that mentions of products from Wolfs Magic come up from time to time, generally about how colourful the props are etc.
I was hoping that those of you who use any or all of these items in your show, could suggest which ones are good,(or not so good) and which ones work well with your audiences, and perhaps a little about them.
Many thanks
Billy
PS PLEASE no posts about how 'it's the magician and not the trick', we all get that now, with all due respect Smile
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1042 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
HI Billy,

Just a suggestion. Look up his props on his website. (You probably have) They look great to me. Instead of the Magician not the prop line, I would say it's "You Get What You Pay For" with Wolf's products. High class props built to last a life time, for a price that's fair to the full-time professional.

That's been my observation so far.

JoJo
Magic guy in Perth Australia
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Billy -

A lot of nice reviews are interspersed throughout this thread (even though Chance didn't start it off with that intention Smile ):

Magic Café thread... Wacky Wolf Product......INION!!!

Try these threads, too:

Magic Café thread... Wacky Wolf's Magi......n Sword.

Magic Café thread... The Funhouse from Chance Wolf

Magic Café thread... Chance wolf products

Magic Café thread... Chance Wolf's Snake Basket

Magic Café thread... Wolf's Magic/Wack......n Wand..

The answers are there to be found, with just a little searching. Smile

- Donald

P.S. For those new to the forum: Wolf's Magic Website.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Billy,

I do, indeed, own all of Chance Wolf's magic products, with the exception of the Snake Basket reproduction. If you'd like to discuss pros and cons, don't hesitate to email me at: stevethomasmagic@aol.com and we can do just that. I will say that I love the Wolf's Magic ideas and products. Some venues make some items a little more difficult, so I'll just pick another one of 'em for that particular type of show. Great items and effects!

Steve Thomas (no financial interest in the WM line of magic, other than I've paid him a LOT of money for 'em)
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
Hi,

I can say that I also have all of the "Wacky" line of props. I absolutely love them. I would say right now, if I have a favorite that it's the Funhouse. It's probably my fav right now cause it's my newest addition.

For adult shows, the balloon wand is good (I use that one in both adult and kid shows). ABC always gets a strong reaction from the kids, but then again so does Blow Yur Stack and the Funhouse. I guess what I am getting at is that you won't go wrong with any of the Wolf's line.

The price is well worth anything you'll pick up from him. You never see the stuff on magic auction for a reason.

Chance is working on a custom prop for me right now. He is a treat to work with too! Hope this helps.

Keith
Check me out at www.magickeith.com
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Sorry to get off-topic, but any news on the release of Wolf's upcoming magicians table?

Tod
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Hey Tod,
I will go ahead and answer that myself Smile
The Wacky Wolf Deluxe Suitcase Table is still in the proto-type phase. It is looking incredible however I am not yet satisfied for many reasons. I plan to release the Rolls Royce of Suitcase Tables and want it to live up to every expectation as well as my own.
I will keep you folks posted on the progress.
Estimated release date will be next Spring.
Thanks for the interest!
Chance Wolf
Wolf's Magic
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Cameron Fisk
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, BC
194 Posts

Profile of Cameron Fisk
I can't wait to see it!
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
Thanks a million!

You have all been extremely helpful guys.
I have had Wolf's site in my favourites for a while now and I keep considering whether or not to take the plunge. Well you have helped me make up my mind.

I'll keep you posted on which item I get and how it goes.
Cheers
Billy
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
The only drawback to any of the Wacky Wolf effects is the Balloon Wand. I can't use it in an outdoor festival situation, since there's usually no backdrop, and the card can be plainly seen. Also the wind will play havoc with the balloons (since they're already inflated) as the prop sits wherever on the stage it is. Otherwise, it's just as fabulous a prop as the rest of Chance's effects.

By the way, I can't wait to get to use my new OUTHOUSE for the Halloween shows. Gonna hang some of that fake spiderweb around the outside of it (not the top, that would hinder the operation of the effect!) for visual appreciation!

Steve Thomas
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Billy, I too own two of WW's products and would have to say they are very well made and great for any kid shows. The ABC ALWAYS gets tons of laughs and is probably my favorite just for that reason. I hope to get the Fun House prop soon. Chance and Shelly are wonderful people and put out a quality product.

Snidini
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Does anyone in the UK use wolf's props?
matt
Billy Whizz
View Profile
Special user
Plymouth, UK
576 Posts

Profile of Billy Whizz
I haven't Matt, but I'm thinking about buying the ABC Gumball trick.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Hey folks,
Thanks for the kind words and support!
Matt, yes we do have customers in the UK however I am sure you will still be fairly exclusive if you decide to buy one of my effects.
Just for the record, we do not mass produce these items. They are hand made by Shelley and me (plus my part time helper ). As we near out two year anniversary I can tell you we have only made and sold a total of approximatley 125 ABC Gumball Re-Combobulators. Spread that out world-wide and you can be sure that not every guy on the block has one. The rest of our line has an even smaller total production amount.
We have an outstanding track record for minimal service needs and great customer satisfaction. We are always ready to follow up on any sales and/or questions/problems with our products. It sure saves money compared to having to call INDIA if your prop gets screwed up Smile
We are very thankful to all those who have made our little company get a good footing so soon.
Take care and good luck with your shows!
Chance Wolf
Wolf's Magic

Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I was actually just wondering how they play over here. I'm sure they would play great. I think I'm going to start saving up for the bunny blammo looks very nice.
Matt
robertwong
View Profile
Loyal user
Calgary, Canada
212 Posts

Profile of robertwong
I own Arthur Atsma's Chicken Sword made by Chance and love it!! It packs small and plays big, not only is it a lot of fun to perform, it gets a great reaction.

Thanks Arthur & Chance!!

Robert.

P.S. I believe I am the only one here in Cowtown that owns one, which isn't a bad thing.
Chuck Lyons
View Profile
Loyal user
Channahon, IL
264 Posts

Profile of Chuck Lyons
I bought ABC and I must say the photos do not do this prop justice. It is so cartoon like it is like a prop one would see on a television show. Bright colorful, and well built. I love it Chance if there were a way to get the gum balls to go all the way uo to the top it would be Super. This is a well produced item and well worth the price for the product and the entertainment value. It has become a feature in my show.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Chuck,

As hard as I try to make the effect perfect, I still have my limitations. Smile As you know, the "gimmick" which increases the gumball volume is as good as it can get. Thanks to George Robinson Jr. who gave me the idea Smile

Thanks so much for the compliments and I am so happy to hear of your satisfaction! We have a lot more coming for next year!
Chance

Chuck Lyons
View Profile
Loyal user
Channahon, IL
264 Posts

Profile of Chuck Lyons
Totaly understand. I posted as a question I know you keep improving your products and did not know if you have come up with something for this. Again That does not detract from the power of this effect. Just an old clown looking for the magic in everthing. Chuck
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Maybe by adding a few set of super soft sponge balls (in different colors) you can get the gum balls to the top ...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Wolfs Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL