The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review: The Working Performer's Sensor Envelope (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
The Working Performer's Sensor Envelope

http://www.alakazam.co.uk/acatalog/Hot_List_1.html#a952

£17.95

Difficulty
Difficult to say, but it will take a subtle hand and control of spectators

They say
The Working Performer’s Sensor Envelope is a real miracle. We are all in search of miracles and if a spectator could write a message on the back of his visiting card seal it up in an envelope and in less than ten seconds you could know exactly what was written inside the envelope that would be a miracle. And that is exactly what you can do with The Working Performers Sensor Envelope.

Nothing is added, nothing is taken away. No other props are required. This envelope uses a new principle never ever used in this way before. You will be truly astounded when you receive this effect. It has taken nearly a year of research, trial and error to achieve. I have discussed this principle in confidence with leading mentalists and not one of them had heard of this before. You will not find it mentioned or even hinted at in any book or magazine on magic. Andy Nyman said, ‘This has a million possible uses and all deadly Fantastic.’ When you receive the envelope I guarantee that you will play around with it for hours and you will wonder at the way in which it does everything for you. Now you can perform sealed message reading acts without using one-ahead methods. Almost as soon as you pick up the envelope you know what is written inside. No sleight of hand or flaps or cuts or slits. It is just one piece of paper made into an envelope. A number of top mentalists have received early prototypes and I am certain they will be contributing routines as we go along.

I say
Well this is very clever. It is a pretty bold and technical thing.

Without giving it away I would warn that the properties of this utility are ….”touchy”…at times and can get out of control if handling and performance conditions are not right.

It is easy to use but I would think tricky to use right and that is down to confidence in performance.

I would class this as not examinable, not in a real sense. For your money you get one pay envelope size gimmick, extensive documentation and performance notes.

Overall
I would say the gimmick works too well to be usable!

I have asked if any modifications can be made but I can't recommend that this is going to be a super-useful tool as it is.

It's a real shame as the idea is sooo cool!

Rating
6/10 owing to its need for careful use and its price.
Living at and loving Loch Ness!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review: The Working Performer's Sensor Envelope (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL