The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kid's Show Marketing (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12020 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Okay thanks first.

I open with a magic to music number after a professional Dee Jay intro. My last party in the heat had about 3/4 shade for kiddies. The party lasted about a hour and the kids stayed put the whole time. One parent had to come and spray water on them also which had an interupt.

AFter the music piece with magic, I go into SOS (story line also), rabbit production (volunteer produces) (best yelling). After that, PBJ, some silk vanishes with first letting the silk hit the ground and they tell me they see it etc. Along the way volunteers are used....My last show I added siberian chain escape in there.

I forget the script for the inbetweens but I did use the strato sphere on my head and read a child's mind thingy. The breakaway wand. ALso had a goldfish production me wearing a finding nemo hat. I end with a Sq Circle with some comedy in there also done to music.

That was the jest in the heat last show. Of course it was only last Saturday so I woudlnt be looking for a referal this early. Do you guys always get back your feedback forms? I found they weren't sending them back.

Funny thing, after the heat show Saturday I asked the Mother how she liked the party. She said she liked it but said it was hot.
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1207 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Dennis

What a remarkable post.
Thank you for everything you add to this forum.
www.mikebrownmagic.com
<BR>http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=885780636
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12020 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Dittos Dennis Smile
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7444 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Wayne -

How are you establishing control of the children's group, at the start of your show?

Personally, I do this through my warm-up, which involves talking briefly with the audience before my first piece of magic to music (in many cases, I start with magic to music. Not at birthdays, though).

Some audiences are great, ready to behave and enjoy, and don't really need this.

In a birthday party, sometimes you have to do this. I've seen Steve Taylor and others do this during a school show. Depending upon the show venue, you establish control in different ways.

You tell them your audience expectations, and also your guidelines for choosing volunteers. Then use positive reinforcement to get those behaviours.

- Donald.

P.S. Here's some threads:

Magic Café thread... A warm up?

Magic Café thread... Warming Up The Audience!

Magic Café thread... Signaling the start of the show

Quote:
Candini: ...Kids have been yelling and screaming but not always when of course "magic" only is used or music etc etc...

Wayne -

Here is the one I was really looking for. Took me a little time to find it!

Magic Café thread... Interruptions

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12020 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Just read it, thanks!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Dennis and Donald, I hope you do not mind if I add a few more:

Branding
SEO
USP
Social Media
A interesting handout business card the individual can have fun with, (for example Clipped Card).
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Nope, No one minds if you add to a 11 and a half year old post… no one at all. Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thanks for the kind words, Jay.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kid's Show Marketing (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL