The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Johnny Ramone Dies!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
To all you punk fans out there Johnny Ramone died today after a five year battle with prostate cancer. that is such a shame now thereis only one original member left Smile the ramones were celebrating there 30th aniversary ony a few weeks back. Well long live the memory and the music of THE RAMONES!!

Luke
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
Here is what the BBC had to say

Punk legend Ramone dies, aged 55

Johnny Ramone, the lead guitarist with influential punk rock band the Ramones, has died after a five-year battle with prostate cancer.

Ramone, 55, who was born John Cummings, died in his sleep at his home in Los Angeles.

He was surrounded by his family and friends, including his wife, Linda, Pearl Jam singer Eddie Vedder and Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist John Frusciante, according to Arturo Vega, the Ramones artistic director.

They had been participating in a Los Angeles concert last weekend to celebrate the Ramones' 30th anniversary.

Johnny was too sick to attend, but managed to speak to the fans by phone.

The Ramones, famed for playing their high-energy, unpolished songs at breakneck speed, rose to fame in New York City in the early 1970s, paving the way for such British punk rock icons the Sex Pistols and the Clash.

The band made its mark with nihilistic tunes like "Blitzkrieg Bop," "I Wanna Be Sedated" and "Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue," but it never achieved the commercial success of groups that followed in its wake.

Ramones singer Joey Ramone - born Douglas Hyman - died in 2001 of lymphatic cancer, while bassist Dee Dee Ramone, who was born Douglas Colvin, died from a drug overdose the following year.
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
werton
View Profile
New user
atlanta
65 Posts

Profile of werton
DeeDee died, Johnny died, Joey died... Only Tommy is left.Smile
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
It's days like this when I start to feel old.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
God Bless The Ramones.

At least Joey now has someone to ROCK with!
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
jonesc2ii
View Profile
Loyal user
Oxford, England
235 Posts

Profile of jonesc2ii
No more pinheads any more!?!

Here's to the Ramones.
www.ixyl.co.uk/forums - for when you fancy a debate or a quiet chat.
MinnesotaChef
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapolis,MN
176 Posts

Profile of MinnesotaChef
It's been a really hard couple of years for me musically. A lot of personal heros gone for good. First Joey, then DeeDee, then Johnny Cash, Now Johnny Ramone. It's hard to imagine a world without these guys anymore.
"Great restaurants are, of course, nothing but brothels.There is no point in going into them if one intends to keep one's belt buckled."- Fredric Raphael
francisco
View Profile
Loyal user
Coolest guy in the café
267 Posts

Profile of francisco
Yeah the Ramones were great
god bless em

-Francisco
'When you steal one trick, they call it plagiarism. When you steal many - they call it research.'

[Corinda, 13 steps to mentalism]
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
I once heard a guy say, "If you don't like the Ramones, you just don't like music!"
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
jonesc2ii
View Profile
Loyal user
Oxford, England
235 Posts

Profile of jonesc2ii
Quote:
On 2004-09-20 15:21, Reis O'Brien wrote:
I once heard a guy say, "If you don't like the Ramones, you just don't like music!"

cute but I think, more accurately, I would say, "if you don't GET the Ramones, you don't GET music".
www.ixyl.co.uk/forums - for when you fancy a debate or a quiet chat.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2957 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Legends never die.
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
I think joey ramone looked like howard stern, in a sedated kind of way.

Ellen
gareth123
View Profile
Loyal user
Rotherham UK
245 Posts

Profile of gareth123
Blitzkreig bop my friend rest in piece

Gareth Hobson.
*is tihs migac or am i sineg aonhter wlord in wihch i nveer lvied UNTILL NOW*
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Johnny Ramone Dies!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL