The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Big red gum in london? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

freeflyphil
View Profile
New user
phil
79 Posts

Profile of freeflyphil
Does anyone know where I can buy this in London? Would love to do hypno heat.
matthu
View Profile
Regular user
UK
170 Posts

Profile of matthu
It's available on the Internet
e.g. http://www.cybercandy.co.uk
Vision
View Profile
Veteran user
London
395 Posts

Profile of Vision
Or you can go to the Cyber Candy shop in Covent Garden, just off one of the roads in Seven Dials.

//Daniel
www.awonderfulmind.blogspot.com
check it out for new products.
freeflyphil
View Profile
New user
phil
79 Posts

Profile of freeflyphil
Thanks , my dance studio is just next to it. Got some and it works a treat, the guy at Davenports couldn't believe it was just gum, thought I had some illicit hypno heat.

Quick question though to those that have performed the effect. How long in advance can you switch the wrappers before the effect wears off?
Vision
View Profile
Veteran user
London
395 Posts

Profile of Vision
Switch? maybe I'm "fluffy" in my head, but why would you switch?

*hugz&kissez*
//Daniel
richpoyle
View Profile
Regular user
UK
116 Posts

Profile of richpoyle
The wrapper switch is so when they try it at home with regular gum it doesn't work.

Have I said too much?
Vision
View Profile
Veteran user
London
395 Posts

Profile of Vision
Just take the wrapping off the Big Red and wrap it around a Juicy Fruit instead. No switching, and it doesn't work when they try.

//Daniel
Jordan Waller
View Profile
Special user
London
610 Posts

Profile of Jordan Waller
I have never thought about doing this version of the effect though I have read about it. Partly because I don't know where I can get Big Red gum.
Are there any adverse side effects within this method, i.e. rashes? Plus, does it genuinely feel too hot to handle?
One day I will write a book
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Basically, there is no "heat" only the skin's reaction to the cinnamon oil that feels like heat. Holding it in your hands does nothing.

Adverse side effects? Yes, some people are allergic to it and will end up with a nasty rash, or possibly worse.

I learned of this as a child. It was a "schoolyard stunt" that I thought everyone knew so I never thought to try it on anyone as an adult.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
freeflyphil
View Profile
New user
phil
79 Posts

Profile of freeflyphil
Well I tried it for the first time a few nights ago and it worked very well. What I decided to do was take the big red gum sticks (they are in just silver wrapper) and put them into an empty packet of Wrigleys fresh mint and then spray them with fresh mint breath freshner. It seemed to do the job.
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1666 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
Good to know where we can get it - thanks.

I contacted Wrigley's years ago, and they told me that they didn't market it in the UK. I couldn't find it in Spain either. Eventually got it via Canada.

Dave
The Ozzy Osbourne of the 34x27
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Big red gum in london? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL