The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The New Amsterdam Tarrocchi Diary -- by C.H. Mara (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
While at first glance one would think this should be reviewed in the "books" section, the book is simply a tool to allow further exploration into the psyche of the spectator or spectators. So I am reviewing this here.

This is a utility device in the form of a very old book (more than 300 years old!) and some tarot cards. The plot is quite simple. The spectator is asked to state or write down their birthday. Then the spectator looks the birthday up in the diary. Next to their name is an indicator of a tarot card. The performer shows an envelope that has been sitting in front of the spectator. The tarot card inside the envelope matches the card next to the date in the diary.

While this may sound like the Fortuneteller's Book of Days in tarot form, it is far more than that. It looks like a venerable old book, with handwritten entries next to each date. This is not actually the case. It is actually quite recent, and the entries are printed, but they don't look like it!

The principle used is similar to that of the FTBOD, but it is so well-disguised that an owner of the other device can look through the book at length and not spot the clever principle.

The work on the hand bound diary is incredible. It really looks the part. The manual accompanying the diary is well thought out, clear and needs no further explanation.

C.H. Mara has put a lot of thought and work into this project.

The utility part of this item comes in as follows: once your prediction is proven to be correct, you can to into a reading for the sitter. And this can lead to other things, as well.

The cards are not antiqe. They don't need to be, if you follow the routine. This is handmade so it isn't cheap -- $200 or more a copy.

But it is darn well worth it. Highly recommended.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2120 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
I can already picture all the street-tarot readers, storefront psychics, and freelance palmisrtry-cranks lining up to get this. Talk about something which would lend credibility to your claim of Tarot powers!
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
bloodyjack
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle WA
343 Posts

Profile of bloodyjack
Anywere on line we can check it out?
"sir i sent you half the kidne i took from one woman prasarved it for you tother piece i fried and ate it was very nise i may send you the bloody knif that took it out if you only wate a whil longer"
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1902 Posts

Profile of chmara
Fool -- We do not want street readers to have this -- it is aimed for pros who sometimes have difficulty moving from straight close-up to a more arcane or "psychic" context in small groups, walk-around or table-side.

And no tea to spill to get to the leaves.

GC
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
A link to the site would be very helpful.
Thanking you,
Gerard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The New Amsterdam Tarrocchi Diary -- by C.H. Mara (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL