The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism Giveaway ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mitchmagi
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of mitchmagi
Hi all

I'm looking for ideas for an "interactive" mentalism effect which can be given away to audience members in large quantites ( around 15 000 )

The effect ideally needs to be used as part of the show ( ala Copperfield's paper cards effects with the various locations - magic happens in the audience hands ) or can be a stand-alone item on itself for distribution pre-show.

Any ideas ?
ThomasBerger
View Profile
Special user
593 Posts

Profile of ThomasBerger
Bingo cards from Leo Behnke's book Corporate Presentations gets the whole audience involved.

This may fit the bill.
I believe Hank Lee is selling the effect as well.

Tom
procyonrising
View Profile
Special user
New York
699 Posts

Profile of procyonrising
A lot of hypnotists use business cards with some verbal illusion on it (like "count the number of F's" or "Paris in the the spring"). You can hand them out and work them into your opening.

See the "The Human Mind" thread in this section for more stuff like that.

Best,
James.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
How about the (usually) slum magic Number Cards? These could be easily printed up and packaged for your big group,or bought from importers. The instructions come with the trick, and a large stage sized version could be fun to do.

Magic Square? Two or three card set, one with instructions and one or two samples. For your stage presentation, just fill in the square completely before the spectator announces his number (that would be your mentalism part in the effect...they would only be able to do the square part on their own)then reveal that the whole thing adds up to his thought of number...
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Brandon
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
130 Posts

Profile of Brandon
Hey Tom--

Is Leo Behnke's book still available...and if so where?

Brandon
ThomasBerger
View Profile
Special user
593 Posts

Profile of ThomasBerger
Brandon
I am not sure if it it available at the moment.
If it is, it will be pretty expensive.

I paid $100 about 10 years ago for it from a place in Vegas, can't remember the name of the dealer.

Tom
Christopher Caldwell
View Profile
New user
Scottsdale, Arizona
86 Posts

Profile of Christopher Caldwell
Hi Brandon!
Don't know if my post went through or not..computer is being a little weird. Anyway, regarding Behnke's book, last time I visited Andy Greget, he had a few copies. Let me know if you need his number (in Phoenix).
Hope all is well,
Christopher
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3390 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I have printed and used the magic number cards as a give away and a stage trick and it is cheap and well received. I used this to teach a magic seminar for 4H club.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Go to http://www.funnybones.com.au/toppage131.htm

You can use the STRUCTURE of this effect in an interactive effect. I have heard the Max Maven once did this effect with Living and Dead magicians. Everyone picked the same magician and he 'appeared' on stage.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism Giveaway ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL