The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Darwin Inexpensive Illusions. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Darko
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Darko
Hi. I´m thinking about buying the "Darwin Inexpensive Illusions" video. It is a good idea?
(I´m not good in English writing, but I can understand all that you write.)
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
The book has some neat stuff in there. I have not seen the video. But from my understanding it is good.

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Darko
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Darko
Thanks.
My doubt about the video is what kind of illusions it has. Really cheap? Easy transportation?
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Here is a thread that has some information about Darwins. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......=7&6

Best of luck.

Michael
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Jeff Hayden
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Jeff Hayden
I have the book not the video. But everything in the book was basically really inexpensive and easy to transport. It can save the beginning illusionst a fortune. I'm sure the video is just as good.

-JH
Did you see that?
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
It's been several years since I saw that video. If I rcall, it is living room illusions with cardboard boxes and the BA cloth.

I enjoyed it, learned from it, but it is not on my top 10 list.
Dennis Michael
habilo
View Profile
New user
germany
44 Posts

Profile of habilo
Well, it´s not a hollywood-movie, but if you want to learn something about some basics it is worth every cent. btw, a videotape is not so expensive and if...buy it second hand
jwebyra
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
140 Posts

Profile of jwebyra
The video shows you the pricipals of Mr. Darwin's illussions. Even though video has only a fraction of what the book has, it is a good video to have so you fully understand the basics. Just my 2% of $1.00
Jeff Hayden
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Jeff Hayden
Do you have the book already? If not, get the book too. From what everybody says, the video is good but does not contain everything the book does.

-JH
Did you see that?
tommy k
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of tommy k
If you are looking to get started and don't have much of a budget, this is a great place to start.

Everything can be built in your living room. Unlike most illusions, Mr. Darwin teaches these illusions with "ordinary" objects (tables, chairs, storage containers etc.).

If you already have experience with larger illusions I also recommend the Osborne books as well as Andrew Maynes ideas. On other threads Andrew Mayne's Illusions F/X book came highly recommended (and I highly recommend his Solo F/X book).

I hope that this helps!
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Tommy K : Just a small correction to what you said. Its SOLO X not SOLO FX. And the other one is of course ILLUSION FX. Anyway thanks for your inputs Tommy. All the best to you.

To the poster of this thread : Take tommys advise...Get SOLO X (illusions for the solo illusionist) and ILLUSION FX and maybe also ILLUSION BOOK (a lil expensive but great ideas).
tommy k
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of tommy k
Plainman007, thanks for the correction (I should have verified the title before I posted!)
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
I have done a few searches for Darwin's book without any luck. Does anyone know if it's still in print?

Mike
Mark Williams
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
513 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Thanks...don't know how I missed that

Mike
medaca
View Profile
New user
france
37 Posts

Profile of medaca
I always buy books instead of videos, but in this case I am not sure, any opinion?
tommy k
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of tommy k
Why not buy both? The book is always a good supplement to the video and visa versa.

In this case the video might help you because you will see the illusions in the performance segments. With the book, you can read through and let your imagination work out how these effects can work for you and focus on the details that are often missed in the videos.
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
Black art all the way!
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Is this book/video just about using BA or are there other principles/ideas in there?

Mike
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

There are some other methods talked about but mainly BA
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Darwin Inexpensive Illusions. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL