The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review Request: SFS Golden Shells (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
875 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Hi Everyone.
Anyone owns these shells?
I would love to hear your comments about them.
Thanks.
Michael
AaronShields
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of AaronShields
They're nice and handle well. Personally, I prefer the look of more normal looking walnut shells.
Find out about my magic:
http://www.freewebs.com/aaronshields
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
For excerpts from the Magic and Genii magazine reviews of the S4S Golden Shells: http://www.chefanton.com/scoundrelsstore......ells.htm
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
I like them, however they are (for me) a bit too heavy for some of the fancy moves. Smile
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Yes. I agree with you on that. The heavy shells are better for routines like Bob Kohler's, Frank Garcia's, Bob Sheets', and Ouellette's routines, none of which use turnovers, The Escobar Move, and other "fancy" moves.

The heavy shells are better, however, for the Kick Steal and certain other moves in which the heaviness is an actual advantage.

I prefer the Street Shells which perform and feel and sound exactly like real shells for the "fancy" moves like the turnovers and so on. It all depends on the routine you are using.

Personally, I do different routines with each set, and use each set depending on the performance conditions. The Golden Shells are much better for drawing a crowd at a trade show booth, or to create a classy impression at a formal closeup show.

I prefer the Street Shells for their practicality and their enhanced performance in walk-around and restaurant work.

Both sets were designed by me, for my own work, and both have certain advantages over the other. It is having the right tool for the right use.

Many magicians will find other sets of shells that will fit their unique requirements better than others. The expert knows what he needs, and will choose among the wonderful variety available the ones that suit him best. Until the School for Scoundrels reawakened this new interest in shells, there was very little to choose from.

Chef Anton and I are very glad that since we started putting out our shells in 1996, we have helped excite a new generation of performers with the shells, and that they have such a wonderful abundance of choices now.

We think that everyone should experiment with the La Maggiore, The Black Fox shells, the Golden and Street Shells, the Karl Norman Caps, The Al Co Thimbles, the Vernet Shells, etc., and their own handmade shells, and find the sets that they think work best for their particular needs and routines.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review Request: SFS Golden Shells (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL