The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Copyright question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1961 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Hi,
I'm looking for some advice on copywriting some of my effects. I am currently working with a magic dealer to market these effects and need a way of ensuring no one can copy from them. Any advice?
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Good Luck,

The moment they hit the market and are sellable, it will be copied.

A Copyright only allows you to stop another from producing your exact written material and recover lost monies. You would need to initiate a costly law suit to recover damages, and most likely the person doing the copying will not have the funds to pay you if you win.
Dennis Michael
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7376 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Well said Dennis.

Usually not worth the money to protect an idea unless it something you can patent and you still have the same problem when you sue the guy that rips you off.

Copyright (I assume you are talking international since you are from Greece) is just as expensive and covers the intellectual presentation more than the method. Of course, this is greatly simplified in explaination. WAM did a whole series of articles on this problem.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1961 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Thanks a lot for your posts....this really helps
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Copyright question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL