The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Large illusions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sandman
View Profile
New user
Texas
98 Posts

Profile of sandman
Does anybody know where I can find a book or a good reference on large scale illusions such as in dissappearing cars planes etc.?thanx
Sandman
Presentation is 99% of all magic
Magic Monkichi
View Profile
Elite user
Ontario, Canada
401 Posts

Profile of Magic Monkichi
Sandman;

Get your hands on The Great Illusions of Magic. By Byron G Wells. It's a two volume set with some great plans and information.

Magically yours,

Matt
templemagic
View Profile
Elite user
Sunderland, North-East England
420 Posts

Profile of templemagic
If you can find it that is! Matt, do you know of a source for this other than second hand?

Cheers,
TM
ROBERT TEMPLE
"The Power to Amaze"

robert@roberttemple.co.uk
http://www.roberttemple.co.uk
Magic Monkichi
View Profile
Elite user
Ontario, Canada
401 Posts

Profile of Magic Monkichi
Hey guys,

I know my local shop Morrissey's Magic has it. Search for their site on Google or something. It's about $150 for the two books. (keep in mind that's Canadian funds lol). It's got a lot of old plans for illusions that few people do any more. And you'll learn a lot from just sitting and reading it as well as get tons of fun out of it.
Magically yours,

Matt
David Charvet
View Profile
Special user
www.charvetmagic.com
501 Posts

Profile of David Charvet
Get all of the Paul Osborne books and study them. There are many great concepts that will start you thinking.
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
Any of the Jarret books by the great Jim Steinmeyer talk about ways to do this, in fact, legend has it that David Copperfield got his method for vanishing a Jet from the Jarret book that is OOP.
varg
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of varg
Sandman.

I would say that there are a lot of good ideas in the books mentioned, but you have to be mind-creative and apply the original ideas / concepts to whatever largescale illusion you want to build. Another good idea and concept book is Illusion book by A. Mayne

I haven't found any book that deals especially with large scale illusions exclusively - that focus on ex jetplane / car / elephant illusions. Anyone know?

What I´ve done is that when I have the time to read a Illusion book I try to redevelop every illusion to be 5 new illusionideas,
through this I now have about 27 ideas of car - illusions - could be a way of doing it... ( creative and hopefully an original idea pops up ).

I ordered the "conjurer´s book" is there anyone been reading this one? good or bad ?
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
The conjurer book has some neat stuff in there. You may like. It all depends on your view point. I liked it. I found some interesting stuff in it.

Cheers. Have fun reading.

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Hey Micheal you have Conjurer's Book of Stage Illusions by Sharpe or Dart if my memory serves me right? How is the book Micheal? You think it's worth the buy?
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

The book I do not own personally. I get it from the Libarary for personal references. I think it is a very good book to get you to think. I have to say it has some nice history pieces in the book. I have found some useful ideas in the book.

Cheers.

Michael
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
David Goldrake
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
225 Posts

Profile of David Goldrake
I agree with Michael that it is a very good and inspiring book. However we should not forget (with all due respect for Mr Sharpe) that Mr Sharpe was not a performer...

Regards,

D
Dr.Maya Baalaamurugaan
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Dr.Maya Baalaamurugaan
Does anybody have the "black book"? I need a review on that please. I'm going to buy it soon.
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

What is the black book? Please explain what you are talking about.
Michael
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Hey Micheal,

The Black Book is a collection of illusion designs published by Paul Osborne. It's supposed to be very good. I've also heard that it's the compilation of all the illusions that appeared in the Genii magazine.
jwebyra
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
140 Posts

Profile of jwebyra
The Black Book is very good. It has the Genii plans from 1979 through early 1991. The hardcover came out in late November 1991, a few weeks earlier. If you preordered you got a signed copy by Mr. Osbourne himself. It is dated November 19, 1991. It is now avaible in softcover, try going to Mr. Osbourne's website and look under books.
Hope this helps.
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Thanks guys.

Michael
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Dr.Maya Baalaamurugaan
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Dr.Maya Baalaamurugaan
Thank you guys.........
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Large illusions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL