We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Bizarre Magick Society (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aquariusmagic
View Profile
Regular user
England
122 Posts

Profile of aquariusmagic
Hi everyone,

I am considering starting a society for Bizarre magicians and would be pleased to hear from anyone who may be interested. I am resident in the U.K. (Norfolk) but would suggest meetings be held at Coombe Abbey (near Coventry) as it has the right atmosphere, is fairly central and having had £16 Million spent on restoration is hard to beat.

This idea is VERY much in its early stages at this time, and all suggestions are welcome. Also an idea of whether anyone would be willing and able to attend. I have found that other magic societies, although very good, fail to cater adequately for our sort. Smile

Regards,

Francis
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
Isn't there already such a group in the UK? I'm not 100% sure, but you should check with Karl Bartoni. You can reach hi through his Bizarre Magick web site, DragonSkull web site (a must for all Bizarrists).

http://www.dragonskull.co.uk/
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
Francis,

I'm afraid it's a bit far from Norfolk, but SalsaDancer and myself have been discussing starting a group for Bizarrists/Mentalists/other interested parties in the north of England. (There was quite a reasonable response from Café members, a group of people spread from Leeds to Chester.) It's been put temporarily on hold, while we're busy with the Chester show, but when we get it running, you'd be more than welcome to attend.

Also, and this is just a pipe-dream at the moment, but while in Cornwall recently, it struck me that the cliff-top 'Minack Theatre' would be a fabulous place to do some Bizarre Theatre. Here's the link:

http://www.minack.com/

Now, imagine a Convention for Bizarrists in Piggwiggin's old stomping ground. We meet up, we chat, we see the sights, and for four nights, we amaze the assembled crowds with mysteries and stories and magic, hurling our strange words to the stars and casting our wonders far out over the listening sea.

Only a dream at the moment, but the right dreams do have a habit of coming true.

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Caleb,

How far are you from Chillingham Castle? Good site for a gathering.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Caleb,

If you do it, I'm there.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Quote:
On 2004-09-20 13:30, Caleb Strange wrote:

Only a dream at the moment, but the right dreams do have a habit of coming true...

Regards,

Caleb Strange.

Caleb,

Stop exciting me as I have a habit of taking the bull by the horns and going for these things! The venue looks fantastic.

How about next summer?

I am happy to organise it Smile

Richard
aquariusmagic
View Profile
Regular user
England
122 Posts

Profile of aquariusmagic
Most encouraging and some excellent ideas.
I suggested Coombe Abbey ( http://www.coombeabbey.com ) mainly because of its central location (not for my convenience as it is a two and a half hour drive for me).

However it might make more sense to have a meeting at a different location each time, i.e., Lancashire, Cornwall,Scotland, Midlands, etc., so as to make the whole concept into an extra special event and to allow different interesting sites to be visited. It would depend upon frequency of meeting and how many prepared to make the effort. All those interested say "I" .
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
Steve,

I'm about four hours drive away from Chillingham Castle. As it happens, I know the area, if not the Castle, quite well. Northumberland is a lovely county.

Coombe Abbey is nice and central, as you say aquariusmagic. And I agree, if we were to arrange some kind of meeting/convention, it'd be nice to choose somewhere interesting of itself.

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
Swami Bill
View Profile
Regular user
Le Monde
135 Posts

Profile of Swami Bill
Dang! All the energy seems to be in the UK! I would travel if I had to but what about those independent Americans? Do we have to go all the way to England (or, God forbid, Scotland or Wales) to meet regularly with our fellow Bizarrists?
That's MISTER Swami Bill to you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Bizarre Magick Society (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL