The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » So what is your favorite hat? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Most fellas who wear hats have either one or two and some have a fetish and own 100+. No matter which group you fall in with.....what's your favorite hat? I happen to really enjoy this black suede Taylor Made golf hat. It's got style and even though it's black it's actually cool on the grape when on the golf course. And you?
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
I'm partial to derbys.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
My black "Everlast - made in USA" baseball cap. It's really turning white now as it's so old and been in the rain so much (it's also kept the sun out of my eyes in the blistering volcanic heat of Spanish Lanzarote many times too!).

Looks good when driving an SUV, a statement of independance and freedom maybe? (or just darn right scruffy?)
paulajayne
View Profile
Inner circle
London England
1160 Posts

Profile of paulajayne
Hi

Land Rover does a nice leather outback type hat - looks good, but not on me.

Paula
Paula Jay - Magic to Remember -
---------------------------------
I once wrote a book on elephants, I think paper would have been better.
----
jwebyra
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
140 Posts

Profile of jwebyra
My New York Yankees baseball hat.
francisco
View Profile
Loyal user
Coolest guy in the café
267 Posts

Profile of francisco
I've got a grey top hat I wear everywhere - gets strange looks from people in the street but I really don't mind!

its great though

inspired by the god of rock, Slash

-Francisco
'When you steal one trick, they call it plagiarism. When you steal many - they call it research.'

[Corinda, 13 steps to mentalism]
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I have a collection of the hat you see me wearing now (derby) in a variety of colors (some of which I don't really wear, such as purple....) I also like many of the Kangol brand hats. They have a kangaroo for a logo!!
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
I'm wearing it. It gets a lot of comments. Thanks for asking.

Yours,

Paul
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
I love hats and wear them all the time. With the years, my hair has thinned out so wearing a headpiece helps protect the skin from the sun. I have a felt dress hat, an Ascot cap, a French beret, an Indiana Jones hat, several baseball caps, a 100 year old period mens silk top hat (really nice, but only for display) and a Gambler´s straw hat.

My favorite? The "Panama Hat", made in Ecuador. If you are not familiar with it, have a look:

http://www.brentblack.com/

Regards,

José
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
what the...?
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
378 Posts

Profile of what the...?
I am now wearing my floppy green and black jester hat.
The great Sandwich!
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
That would be my Don Post Imperial Guard Helmet from Star Wars.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Being a fan of The Spider and The Shadow, I'm partial to the black slouch hat, though I also like the derby and the beaver topper.
For SCA events and ren faires I favor (and wear) a black Elizabethan flat cap with a red plume.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
MinnesotaChef
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapolis,MN
176 Posts

Profile of MinnesotaChef
Obviously I have to wear a Chef's hat in the kitchen, not easy when you're already 6' 5". They make me over 7 feet tall! On the outside I wear a bowler, a Mack Truck Baseball style hat, or a fez.
Did you know that Chef's hats (Touques) have 100 folds in them, one for every way a Chef can cook eggs. They got their start in a Greek orthodox monastary where the chefs of a royal family were hidden during an invasion. They disquised themselves as monks and in tribute to their hospitality we wear that style of hat to this day. Now you know way too much about Chef's hats.
"Great restaurants are, of course, nothing but brothels.There is no point in going into them if one intends to keep one's belt buckled."- Fredric Raphael
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I don't know the names of the style of hats, but it's an Olive Green hat like the one's John Dillinger used to wear (and Tom Hanks in Road to Perdition). I love that style of clothing in general.
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Adidas baseball cap..
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
I prefer to Fedora myself. It just has a certain style to it.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I prefer to be a chameleon... it depends upon the mood.

This may, and has included fedoras, western hats, berets, derbies, bandanas, Greek fishermen hats, or whatever else I feel fits my head and the moment.

Most often at work, the top hat, as you see here.

Off work, most often any number of ballcaps.

Headgear I would love to own: a traditional Indian war bonnett, a Green Bay Packers helmet, or... too many of these to mention... http://www.hatsinthebelfry.com/
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Burnt
View Profile
New user
England
66 Posts

Profile of Burnt
My detective styled hat. It’s dark red/brown and very amusing. I wear it a lot to parties sometimes just for a laugh and I also wear it as a signature peace of clothing during my stage show.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
I have a Greek fisherman's hat that I wear. It has special meaning to me, and it fits whatever personna I am
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » So what is your favorite hat? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL