The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Pop-up Tie Gimmick, by Empire (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Richard Lucas
View Profile
Special user
TX fornow- MemberMagicCastle'65-'88
737 Posts

Profile of Richard Lucas
This is a worthless piece of junk! For starters it is made for a women's blouse buttoning with the opening on the left side while a man's shirt opens to the right. It is poorly made, the rod is dipped in paint and hung to dry resulting in the paint clogging at the clip, I had to scrape and drill away paint and rust to open the clip. I could go on but what's the use - it stinks!

Is there a smooth working pop-up tie gimmick out there? I would like to use this for benefits at the Texas Children's Hospital and Senior shows. It can be a howler at the right moment.
"The only difference between a Card Cheat and a Magician is that the Magician shows off.".......... Jay Ose 1965

Dicklucas
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
Hi there!
I have made and sell the "tie one on gimmick" it is a gimmick that slips inside the fat part of your tie. When you press at the bottom of the tie...your tie rolls up. When you press at the knot end of the tie...it will pop out just like the pop up tie.
PM me and I can help you make one.
Jim
"The drum that beats the loudest is always the most hollow."
Richard Lucas
View Profile
Special user
TX fornow- MemberMagicCastle'65-'88
737 Posts

Profile of Richard Lucas
Jim,

I PM'd you yesterday. Did it make it all the way to you?

DickLucas
"The only difference between a Card Cheat and a Magician is that the Magician shows off.".......... Jay Ose 1965

Dicklucas
Boat
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Boat
Hi Jim

THat sounds like a great item. I used to own the older version of the pop up tie. All it did is pop up and none that well. How much is your version? I didn't see it on your website.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Jim Pace,
You need to sell that idea. I also would like to know how to make the gimmick.

I have had a pop up tie gimmick for years. It has also been that long since I used it. It worked for me.

Richard,
I never heard of the type that you ae talking about, being made from a women's blouse.

Ray
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
Richard means that the gimmick is made to fit on the wrong side of your shirt, to work properly.

I have PM'd all those who would like to make one.
By the way You get one free along with some great fake cigaretes inside my Gags 1 VHS tape from my site.
http://www.whiterabbitmagic.net
Jim Pace
"The drum that beats the loudest is always the most hollow."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Pop-up Tie Gimmick, by Empire (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL