The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sources for verbal forces (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

j_juge
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of j_juge
Where I can find verbal forces like the ones in "Pure Effect" ?
Burnt
View Profile
New user
England
66 Posts

Profile of Burnt
I am not 100 percent sure about that. Banachek does a lot of that stuff and psychological subtleties may be your best bet. It’s a good book if you like that sort of thing but also I advise you can study up a little on language of psychology and come out with some yourself.

Marc Salem is also very good at those.
Jordan Waller
View Profile
Special user
London
610 Posts

Profile of Jordan Waller
I had the same problem and couldn't realy find many, so I began to come up with my own. Which realy is the best way to go as you will then be performing the effects originaly to yourself and know others.
One day I will write a book
Avocat
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of Avocat
Docc Hilford was apparently annoyed that he got no credit for exploring the concept pretty exhaustively in his video. I think it was called, "Real Mind Reading." Forces a different card from Derren's and never worked for me, but supposedly it does work.
procyonrising
View Profile
Special user
New York
699 Posts

Profile of procyonrising
A while back, Rex Sikes mentioned he's putting some of his stuff back on the market. It's what you're all looking for.

Best,
James.
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
I bought Psychological Subtleties and it is worth 1,000 times its weight in gold. It has flower forces, color forces, commonly thought of cards, drawing duplications, a VERY valuable (to me atleast) subtlety in metal bending. So this is the first book that comes to mind for 'verbal forces' (Even if your not interested in them you still MUST get this book)
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2048 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Quote:
On 2004-09-22 09:53, Burnt wrote:
I am not 100 percent sure about that.

:) Best reply I've seen all week.
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
sandman690
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of sandman690
Docc teaches his methof on Real Mind Reading and there is a further description in a Kenton book.
Jordan Waller
View Profile
Special user
London
610 Posts

Profile of Jordan Waller
Docc Hilfords method does work, and it has numerours times for me, though I don't realy use it that much anymore.
One day I will write a book
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3413 Posts

Profile of Looch
Make our own up! look in the mirror and see what gestures work and the words, script everything well and combine gestures at the right times and you can create a few nice ones,
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
DanielLove
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
265 Posts

Profile of DanielLove
Here's a great verbal force, one I've seen many professional mentalists use - sorry for giving away the secret but it's really too good to keep secret...

You (the mentalist that is) approaches spectator/participant/victim - this works best for attractive intelligent women...

(preshow notes - Before the show simply follow the normal routine, eat a stong garlic based meal, don't wash - and wear the ususal mentalist get up.)

Get really close to the participant and stare deep into her eyes, so your noses almost touch... then utter in your rasping boyish tones "do you believe in real mind reading" at which she will respond "get lost you looser, your breath stinks and you look like a geek in that cheap suit" - at which time you remove from an envelope that has been on FULL VIEW the whole time - open the envelope and pass the contents to the young lady, she will read...this very statement!!!, clearly written hours before.

verbal forces don't get any better than this.

I love this effect and use it ALL the time!!
Kim
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Kim
I see Daniel is off his meds again.....
Hypnotic Winter
View Profile
Special user
Ireland
720 Posts

Profile of Hypnotic Winter
It seems to be one of those day's where we are all gone Nut's.

H.W
When your only reality is an illusion, then illusion is reality.
7th_Son
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
437 Posts

Profile of 7th_Son
Daniel, you need to increase your medication.
"Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet!" - Groucho Marx
glenn collins
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of glenn collins
Thanks Daniel,
that has just blown the whole mystery behind my professional act. I have been useing this exact same method for the whole of my three day proffessional carrer. I feel that this flagrant disregard of the magicians code leaves me no other option but to pack up my silver lurex suit, my over sized 70's style wallet, and my rather mystical reasons for writing things down and tearing them up thing, pack it all up flog it on e-bay as "Darren Blain style mentalism" and go find another carrer.
It was not that long ago that someone was publicly flogged for tipping that not only do we secretly use playing cards but we also sureptitiously use peoples minds to help acheave the miracles that we do. For this public revealing of all my proffessional sectrets, you should be whipped with a limp salad leaf daily for at least a week. Its fun for you guys to publicly broadcast methods and secrets, but this is my living.
I suppose I could always work for the council benefit office. Or maybe I could re-write all the methods of all the effects that I have urchasd, change the titles and sell them in an auction site as my own work....

Oh well I will miss this life of 70's retro, of bad garlic breath and of corse the rubbing. Oh how I will miss the rubbing..

So long my friends... my days as the "Pervert" of mentalism are now over, I'm off to make my fortune ripping the copyright of other peoples work.

Glenn, the mental pervert..
the road we travel is lined with beauty but as with all roads, mind the pot holes...
DanielLove
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
265 Posts

Profile of DanielLove
Sorry Glenn,

But I've just not been able to hold myself back.
After all if we reveal the REAL secrets such as this, the electric nipples, the oiled-shaven-dancing-squirrel, and the instant-stooge-pocket-robotic-chihuahuas-tips then whats going to force everyone out of the blatent rut we are now in?

EVERY time I go see another mentalist perform its just the same old methods dressed in the same old style - can we just think beyond the "electric nipples?" must every show culminate with a instant-stooge-pocket-robotic-chihuahua based effect?
God it's just getting so tiresome.

As for Kim and 7th son - It's understandable that you want to hang on to these techniques and try to undermine my position to save them - but guys, GUYS...
Move on, there's a whole world of new original stuff out there...

I myself am working on a method that uses... oh well I suppose I'll tell you... latex-solar-hydro-proactive-grandparents.

Now that'll get the mental juices flowing....
Mezmer
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
64 Posts

Profile of Mezmer
I usually use a verbal code system with a well placed stooge... Numbers, ESP signs, etc. They can be coded easily. Sorry for tipping this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sources for verbal forces (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL