The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Getting the School involved (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I had an idea the other day and I'm going to put it to use this year. With the school season starting I'm already getting calls for school shows.

Here's the idea. It doesn't really have anything to do with effects or routines. Although it could be with a little imagination.

I'm going to contact the school sometimes before the day of the show. The more time the better because this will take a while. Talk to the art teacher/s of the school. Provide them with a backdrop. Cloth or paper, it really doesn't matter. Then have the students draw, paint or glue a picture onto this backdrop. It could be anything they want. Just kind of make a graffiti backdrop made by the students.

Then I'll use this backdrop during my show. that's all there really is to the idea. I think it'll be a nice thing to do. All the students will be involved in some way. I'm sure it'll give me some things to comment on during the show too.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that. I'll let you know how it goes over when I use it.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
I like it sounds great! Really could be something special.

ken
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
I have re-visited some schools and seen 'paintings' of myself and my show hanging around. Do I really look like that? HELP!
MaGiShN46
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of MaGiShN46
Lol to aceparties. Yes that happens.!

I just recently did a show for a church and they made me a big card for thanks and I'm kinda scared of the drawings!

I don't remember haveing a blue green and pink suit!
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Jaxon good to hear from you, I think that is an awesome ideal. You may have adlib some lines remarks for awhile but that will allow you to find out what works & doesn't. Definitely a great ideal on getting the whole school involved.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Oooh Yes! I remeber these I got 26 nice letters from the kids at one place I did and the drawings I got back! geez I ddint know I looked that bad lol! nice of them to do it though.
matt
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Excellent concept:) I'd like to hear how it turns out.
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Great idea.

Instead of having it be anything they want, why not tie it in with the theme of the show? (if you have one)
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Getting the School involved (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL