The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Audience POPS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Blagg III
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of Bill Blagg III
What effect do you currently perform, that gets a really good audience pop? Also, what effect don't you have that you wish you could perform. I'm working on a study for something and was curious.
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1830 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
The piece that has set us apart and has guaranteed a standing ovation, has been Kristen Johnson doing her Water Torture Cell. It is a real crowd pleaser. With Kristen performing it in total view the entire time with no cover, the audience really appreciates what is going on. The fact that she averages 1:47 undewater on one breath doesn't hurt either.

The piece we wish we had is the opener we have been working on that is an effect similar to Copperfields One, but different in presentation as well as method.
It has been a project that is long overdo. But we have been on the road for quite awhile this year...and it seems when we are home we are busy with other aspects of life...painting the house, vacation, etc.

Great question....we are looking forward to seeing what others have had great success with.

Kevin & Kristen
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Bill Blagg III
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of Bill Blagg III
Thanks for the post Kevin. I'm curious as well. Sounds like the Water Cell is working well for you. Congrats!

-Bill

P.S. I figure I'd mention my POP effect. It would have to be my Dancing Hank routine. Yeah, go figure. In a show filled with large scale effects, this one takes the audience prize everytime. Just goes to show how stage presence can really MAKE an effect. I won Abbott's adult competition with it back in '98.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1177 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
The one effect that the audience always talks about after the show is Multiplying Bottles. I float a girl in the air but Mutiplying Bottles is what they talk about...go figure.

Effect I wish I could perform...Thin Sawing in Half. It's one of my favorites.

Mike
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Gamolo Levitation has been earning quite a load of applause. I wish I could do the Windshear but I hear I have to loose a few inches.
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
The one effect that almost every illusionist LOVES is probably David Copperfield's Flying illusion. It leaves the audience with a sense of real magic.
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Jeff Hayden
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Jeff Hayden
Gamolo levitation does it for me too.

MikeDes, which multiplying bottle routine do you use?

-JH
Did you see that?
dlcmagic
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of dlcmagic
Our Chalet subtrunk is popular
with our audiences.
varg
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of varg
Pierced on lance has been our crowdpleaser.
one of the cabaret are singing a Elton John, get
pierced and then starts to " live" and sing -
worked on the routine a while - started to work really good
when we sold it as a balance act.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Audience POPS (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL