The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Anyone Familiar With The Chop Cup Kohler Sells? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
Bob Kohler has a coffee cup/chop cup that sounds interesting.

Has anyone tried it?

Thanks.....
sam
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
He does? Where? Not on his site.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
Chris,

I'm seeing it as the 1st product on the home page.

sam
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
It sounds like Thomas Wayne's chop cup (Thomas manufactures a number of Bob Kohler's products). I've seen it in person and it's very good. You don't have to bang the cup to release the ball.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2004-09-22 22:37, Larry Davidson wrote:
It sounds like Thomas Wayne's chop cup (Thomas manufactures a number of Bob Kohler's products). I've seen it in person and it's very good. You don't have to bang the cup to release the ball.

That's it!
I have to remember that Bob promotes the products of other great inventors/magi!

Thanks everyone!!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
The really cool thing about this cup is that the balls are both magnetic, they both stick to the inside of the cup, but they won't stick to each other or the top of the cup.

It is pretty neat. No need to keep track of the gimmick vs. ungimmicked ball.

Larry is right, you don't need to bang the cup down to dislodge it either.
Click to visit:
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I bought one the moment I saw it. Can't miss, is great. I wonder if it will work with the tea bags as described in Paul Gertner's book? Will try it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
This is the T.Wayne cup. Does anyone know if the gimmick is fully concealed in the cup, or if the gimmick is covered by some kind of sticker? I had an old Coffee Chop that had a cheezy "no microwave" sticker used to cover the gimmick. I hate that.
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
The gimmick is totally covered in a matching resin. Looks great.
Thomas has revealed unipolar magnets which have some very interesting properties as Dan mentions.

The cup is large enough to easily load most lemons into. All in all it's a beautiful prop.

I have about two dozen in stock. Thomas isn't sure he'll make more as the proper cup to start the process is now unavailable. He's been searching with no success. Hopefully he'll turn up a substitute.

You can find it listed on my site on the front page and in the Top Shelf section. Get them while I have them...
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
Bob,

I think I remember Thomas mentioning a patented system (or applied for) for the chop cup.

Is this it?

sam
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
After having my concerns quickly answered by both Bob and Tom, I am satisfied this is the usual top quality product.

Picking one up today. Snooze ya lose friend. Smile
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Sam, why did you have to post? I didn't know that the cup might not be available for long so now I'm out $55.00. Smile
stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
Me too!!! - but who can I blame?

sam
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Yow...
I'm down to 9!!!

The problem Thomas is having since the old manufacturer of the cup isn't making them anymore is to match the color of the resin to the cup. So far we haven't been able to find a match...
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2004-09-23 13:34, Bob Kohler wrote:
Yow...
I'm down to 9!!!

The problem Thomas is having since the old manufacturer of the cup isn't making them anymore is to match the color of the resin to the cup. So far we haven't been able to find a match...

Actually, matching the color hasn't been as much of an issue lately because I've been able to use glaze colors provided by the cup manufacturer.

The current problem is with the cups themselves; the vast majority of coffee cups have an UNFINISHED rim on the bottom side. Of course for the misguided application of drinking coffee from the cup this doesn't matter. But when you turn the cup over and use it to perform magic (as God intended), then the unsightly bottom becomes a problem.

Over the years I've used three different manufacturers for the cups; one by one they've all gone out of business. Since the vast majority of ceramic goods come out of China, the search for yet another supplier can take a long time. I'm currently waiting on samples from several companies.

Regards,
Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Hmmmmmmmmm.... might be easier to find a person to custom make 'em for ya.
Neoglobin
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Neoglobin
"might be easier to find a person to custom make 'em for ya"

and more expensive Smile
Magically Yours,

Neoglobin.
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
I am beginning to wish that I had bought one whilst I was at MAGIC Live, I saw Thomas demonstrating it, and thought that it looked pretty neet...
Damn. Grab one whilst they last!
owen
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Any chance on a deal for a set of two or six? This sounds like the kind of thing one might want to use for the household coffee cups, and then do a trick with a guest's cup between refills.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I believe the heat from the hot coffee will KILL the power of the internal secret device Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Anyone Familiar With The Chop Cup Kohler Sells? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL