We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Crystal ball transformation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
451 Posts

Profile of scolman
I am using a small two-inch clear ball for a couple of effects then at one point I need to start using a small red one (slightly larger). I don't want to have to break my rhythm by having to openly change balls (that didn't come out right!). Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can make it look as if the clear ball has changed colour (I don't think the size increase is that visible esp. with a darker colour)

I have a change bag but it just doesn't seem right. A mini coffin or box of some sort would be better.

Simon
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Try colored light beneath.
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
This might be dumb, or it might be brilliant (in which case I'm claiming manufacturing rights, in the unlikely event that it's original with me!), but how about a standard billiard ball s****, with a m*****ed surface on its inside?

You'd need still to s***** in the second ball, but the m*****ed s**** would make possible an instant, visual, at-fingertips transformation.

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
Burnt
View Profile
New user
England
66 Posts

Profile of Burnt
A bit hard to understand with all the *'s, but aside from that I think it's going somewhere.

The is an old table levitation effect you could do and perform a sort of small séance routine and swap it secretly. Then when the attention turns back to the ball, hold it in your hand with a pocket torch (the kind on your car keys) and shine the torch up through the ball to make it glow.

In my mind it seems effective, but I suppose it depends on the ball itself.
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
451 Posts

Profile of scolman
Thanks for the tips. I find myself leaning toward using the old d'lites I have in storage.

I was also thinking of starting the routine with a ball and vase. Introducing the first change that way, i.e., from wooden red to clear crystal.
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
379 Posts

Profile of Bill
Why not do a Spellbound Change? There was an effect out a couple of years back that used colored "pebbles" along with some new-age mubojumbo that looked nice.
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
451 Posts

Profile of scolman
Thanks, Bill. Where can I get more information. I'm pretty new to bizarre magic and haven't heard of the Spellbound change.

I was wondering if some kind of drawer box would be useful. I'm sure I could come up with a story that explained its use.

Does anyone know of a drawer box that does transformations of items like small crystal balls, that also doesn't look like it's just been borrowed from a kid's party?

Simon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Crystal ball transformation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL