The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Arlen Studios - Keith Lack's Multiplying Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1321 Posts

Profile of rmendez
This is perhaps the worst set I have ever seen. I was astonished when I opened the package to find a set of dull red 1.5" balls with a shell that didn't even match in color! This set was so bad that I wrote Hocus Pocus asking for a refund hoping that they will accomodate me. Below is the actual email that I sent to them:

Sales,

The Multiplying Balls set by Keith Lack is the worst set I have ever seen. The color of the shell doesn't even match the balls which is ridiculous! I can't believe that someone actually had the nerve to release such garbage for $75! I understand magic shop policies regarding secrets and returns but I am a professional multiplying ball performer and regular customer and found the set to be completely unusable. Please let me know.

Sincerely,
Richard M. Mendez
San Antonio, Texas
markis
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of markis
I don't see these on the Arlen studios website. Odd
markis
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of markis
Never mind, I see it now
markis
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of markis
I don't see these on the Arlen studios website. Odd
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1321 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I forgot to mention that the shell is also semi soft which just adds insult to injury. Someone must be getting desperate to release such crap.
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1076 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Wow, Keith's stuff is usually well made. I'm suprised, but thanks for letting us know.
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Hi Mendez,
I'm also very surprised!
Have you tried contacting him? I'm sure he will give you a refund.
Gerard
Arlen
View Profile
Regular user
Keith Arlen Lack
143 Posts

Profile of Arlen
Hi Richard,

Sorry you did not care for the balls. I would have been happy to replace any balls or shells you were unhappy with had you emailed me. Most all that have them now are very happy with them. They are a different type of ball and shell I will grant you. But designed to be easer to manipulate. There is no excuse for a faulty item so if you want to give them another try, PM me and I'll get you out a set more to your specs. It is not my goal to produce items that end up in drawers.
Happy Conjuring,

Keith Arlen Lack
530-221-7324
www.arlenstudio.com
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1321 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Keith,

Thank you very much for responding. I could probably live with the balls that I received which are fair at best; however, the shells color doesn't even match the color of the balls. To me, this is something to be assumed with any set. Even the cheap plastic Chinese $4.95 multiplying balls have a matching shell. Other than that, this could have been a fair set for about $25. For $75, I would expect at least near Ireland or Fakini quality. Thanks for the offer but Hocus Pocus has agreed to a return. Nothing personal but this one leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Arlen Studios - Keith Lack's Multiplying Balls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL