The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Heathy eating for schools (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dave.m
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of dave.m
I have been asked to do someschools work, talking about heathy eating, can any one help whith some ideas, where by I can use some of may props as well as getting a good message in there as well???
I have a dove pan, change bag, cups and balls, cards billy forget full head, and others

thanks dave
God bless
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Sorry to say this Dave, but isn't this typical of schools? They want to get a message across about 'healthy eating' or 'bullying' or 'racial harmony' or whatever, and expect entertainers to achieve in 45 minutes what they are incapable of achieving themselves 5 days a week 9 a.m. till 3 p.m.

I sincerely wish you well on this one, and am sure that some sharper minds amongst us may be able to help, but you know, when I get these sort of phone calls I personally think to myself 'do I really need this?' Even though I pride myself on being able to 'connect' with learning difficulties children (for example), at a party, - I often remind myself that I do not believe my purpose in life is to alter the eating habits of little (or rather BIG) Rachel, who's mother has a freezer full of cheap burgers, or to give a bullying message to bad tempered Johnny who's father is violent and abusive, etc.

Anyway, rant over.

All the best, Tony.
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
I don't like to have to customize my effects to suit a theme. But I will change the way the effect is presented. For instance, if you need to bring up a volunteer, pick a person who can name the four basic food groups (chocolate, chips, soda, and ice cream?).

If you are doing a needle through balloon, talk about blood pressure as you are blowing up the balloon, and heart attacks as you burst it.

If you are using a dove pan, use it to cook something healthy and have the audience pretend to throw in healthy ingredients.

If you are doing cups and balls, use fruit or vegetables as your final loads.

In other words, use your existing effects, but modify the presentation a little to fit the theme.
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7414 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
This Dean's List thread might be of assistance to you:

TDL thread... Looking for some advise

Here is Dave Risley's site, which they mention on that thread: http://www.daverisley.com/products.html

I can't find the product Rick mentions, but you could e-mail "Riz" and ask him. Maybe on the "Building an Educational Show" video???

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
dave.m
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of dave.m
Thanks all for your help I have needle through balloon but I do not haveany balloons that workany ideas where I can get themfrom???

thanks again
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi:

The Dave Risley healthy eating show is one of the tapes that's part of his 12 tape series. I think that particular tape is called "The Mean, Lean, Eating Machine" or something similar.

The tape is just okay, as is most of Dave's audio stuff. It could be much better, but it seemed pretty obvious to me that Dave sat down with an outline, and just sorta "winged" it.

I love watching Dave Risley perform, but his audios aren't that great at all. Same with his lectures. Lots and lots of rambling.

Ron
honus
View Profile
Veteran user
354 Posts

Profile of honus
Quote:
On 2004-09-24 18:17, dave.m wrote:
Thanks all for your help I have needle through balloon but I do not haveany balloons that workany ideas where I can get themfrom???

thanks again

Here. Or here. Or possibly even here.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12001 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Funny, go to the Caféteria and see what they serve to the little ones.

I use Walmart balloons for my needle to balloon.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Heathy eating for schools (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL