The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Lance Burton's floating candle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
Hello, do any of you know who owns the right to this illusion? You probably know the one, picks up this candle and it floats basically! It was on his "Top Secret" special where he did the Rollercoaster escape.

Anyway any info would be good.

Best,

Luke
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
templemagic
View Profile
Elite user
Sunderland, North-East England
420 Posts

Profile of templemagic
I doubt there are "rights" to this illusion so to speak. I think it is a pretty normal hook-up which Lance has used with a candle. The only bit which someone might own is the fact that it uses the candle and the method with which it is attached is you see what I mean.

This is only a guess, please correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers,
TM
ROBERT TEMPLE
"The Power to Amaze"

robert@roberttemple.co.uk
http://www.roberttemple.co.uk
mikefallen
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of mikefallen
As far as I know Luke, there is no problem on duplicating the illusion with the candle! It is on a very old book, I can tell you that, and the only performer I recall seeing doing it, was Doug Henning. He did a wonderfull routine with the candle LIT with a girl next to him... Personlly, I think it is by far better than lance`s version. His candle is too big (i know that for a stage, it should be) and a smaller one like doug used, seems more magical when sailing in the air... There are several set-ups one can use to accomplish this illusion. Anyway, what doug did, is great in my opinion...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Lance Burton's floating candle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL