The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » D-Lights=Dead-Lights (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KJ
View Profile
New user
Louisville, KY
97 Posts

Profile of KJ
Today I did a kids show and opened with d-lights... and my 1:30 routine with them turned into a 10 second one when about half the kiddies wisperd sothing along the lines of "hes got a d-light"... this isn't the first time that has happend to me.

is it just me or has this great effect been ruined by it being shamelessly avdvertized, sold in malls/everywhere, and just abused. It kinda makes me sad that I have to cut out one of my faviorte routines because the creater of a trick got gready and wannted to show the entire world how to do it thus making the effect usless...

Just a thought,
-KJ
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
747 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
Lucky is has not been exposed like that over here. Perhaps I should use mine more often while I still can.
Andy Wonder, Auckland, New Zealand
Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
I was at a holiday camp this year, as I came on stage I noticed 2 lads playing with some. The ladies at the other end of the room, doing face painting, tattoos etc, were selling them among the other junk light luminous hair bands and necklaces.
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

"Magic is a secret, without the secret there is no magic"

Remember there are only 3 types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I've heard from the D-light is in fact a rip off of Juan Mayoral who makes the original (and superior) version.
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
It's definitely a bummer when things like this happen.

A number of years ago an extremely popular and high profile Australian kids band decided to include some magic on one of their videos. Well just about every second kid in Australia bought the video.

The tricks used some standard props and so everytime I pulled these props out the kids would start saying "oh we saw that on the -------'s video."

Although my presentation was completely different to theirs, the surprise elements of the routine were lost.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » D-Lights=Dead-Lights (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL