The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Just use your mind!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Just read Osterlinds Making Magic Real. What great stuff!!
One segment examines the principle of the old haunted key effect.
I have used this effect on and off over the years.
Mr.Osterlind simply suggests useing your mind to move the key.
AND IT WORKS!!! like a pendulum!! Unbelievable you think the key to move and it does.

This post is for anyone that has'nt read Making Magic Real.
You never stop learning the craft.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Hypnotic Winter
View Profile
Special user
Ireland
720 Posts

Profile of Hypnotic Winter
Interestingly I had come to the same solution before I got into mentalism, I had also used he penglim as a test of suggestabality in hypnosis so the concept wasn't alien to me, how ever I was in the canteen in work one day talking to one of my cowarkers over coffee and was just holdiing a key off of an electrical panel, I was consentrating on it just for the fun of it and low and behold ot started to move. I've developed the effect since.
I have also Read Mr ostelinds book it is wonderful, I hadn't enjoyed any book as much in ages, it was really what the doctor ordereed as I had felt my performance was faltering.
I highly recommend the book.

H.W
When your only reality is an illusion, then illusion is reality.
Jordan Waller
View Profile
Special user
London
610 Posts

Profile of Jordan Waller
I hve not read the book but that is the way I perfrom the effect. I came across it similiar to how hyptonic winter did. I had never actualy heard of the haunted key effect before then and so it was the only way it seemed logical.
One day I will write a book
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Just use your mind!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL