The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Renting illusions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zakari Asiago
View Profile
Regular user
Panhandle of Florida
188 Posts

Profile of Zakari Asiago
Does anyone know of a place/person that is renting illusions. I know that Abb Dickson use to. I need a levy for a one night gig. Any suggestions?
Zakari Asiago

401 South Ave.

Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
I can rent you one....what are your performing conditions? You will have to include the shipping costs in the rental.
MaGiShN46
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of MaGiShN46
People actually let you rent illusions?

WOW! Where would I find this and is it a good idea? Because you'd give away secret.
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Sure, lots of stage magicians rent out their unused props. If a person is just interested in finding out how something is done, it's a lot cheaper to buy some plans or a book rather than renting a prop.

I think Mark Wilson has a rental page on his site.

Richard
Osiris
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Osiris
Be prepared if you wish to rent props however, the standard going rate is 10-15% of the retail cost of the prop PER DAY (unless an alternate arrangement is made for long term use.) You will typically have to put down a hefty deposit as well.

That said, you could check with Mark Wilson, John Gaughan, Abb Dickson, Blackston Productions and even Franz Harary, Dick Zimmerman, and possibly VanBirch they are all known to rent out props (OH! I forgot... Marshall Magoon and Dean Hankey may have a few things available as well.)
newman1066
View Profile
New user
North Carolina, New York, Vermont,
53 Posts

Profile of newman1066
Although the following is the URL of a British website, it is concerned with the rental of stage illusions only.
And, as Osiris pointed out, the daily rental rate is stronger than a pound of ground wasabi.
Oh yes, the daily rental fees are quoted in British Pounds Sterling, which converts into an even greater number of U.S. greenbacks.

The daily rental fee does appear to include the services of several technical people and, in some instances, an assistant(s).

http://www.illusionhire.co.uk/

Doc
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Renting illusions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL