The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » A List of Flea Circus Acts... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Sock Puppet Monkey
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Sock Puppet Monkey
Quote:
On 2009-04-24 17:41, jlevey wrote:
For those not yet familiar... check out Chaplin in his film Limelight. He performs a hilarious act with fleas. A treat to watch!

Jonathan

Jonathan,

thanks for the reminder about Chaplin in Limelight. I'm off to check out YouTube.
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Joe Pon at Misdirections Magic sold me a copy of the Tom Palmer book almost a year ago. He does mail order and his shop is in San Francisco.

Posted: Nov 21, 2010 10:01pm
Just spoke with Joe Pon of Misdirections Magic and he said Flea Circus Book by Tom Palmer is out of print and he sold his last copy several months ago.

Posted: Dec 6, 2010 1:59pm
So now who are the performers out there who are doing a flea circus? Daniel Cros comes to mind!
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Me!
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
Paul Budd
View Profile
Veteran user
It's a shame he's only made
368 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
If someone said this already, I apologize: I think it may be critical to point out......that through history, there HAS BEEN a small cohort of performers who used REAL fleas in their shows! That's important (or so I think it is) in this discussion.

When seeking answers to this question......one has to differentiate: REAL fleas or (ahem) FAUX fleas??
His face isn't really this long in-person!
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
My Circus starts out with a Mime Flea
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Martin Duffy
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Martin Duffy
Quote:
Posted: Dec 6, 2010 1:59pm
So now who are the performers out there who are doing a flea circus? Daniel Cros comes to mind!

At Svensons we supply Flea Circuses around the world - currently we have a 7 month waiting list!
Some of our customers:
Marco Assman from Germany was the subject of a documentary focusing on his Flea Circus
See an excerpt here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFCEg7wGlAk

Jay Ryan from Ireland performed 108 (yes - one hundred and eight!) Flea Circus shows as part of the Galway Arts Festival
See a news piece here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy9diHU7hi4

John Pulson from the UK
http://www.professorpulson.co.uk/html/events_.html

Other famous owners and performers of Svensons Flea Circuses are Charlie Frye, Paul Romhany and Tim Trono
Admirers include David Blaine, Paul Daniels, John Archer, Kevin James and Mac King

Steve Legg also from the UK sold his Flea Circus from another manufacturer to buy one of ours!

Regards

Martin
http://www.yourfleacircus.com
Martin Duffy
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Martin Duffy
We have been selling Flea Circuses now at http://www.yourfleacircus.com for just over 3 years and have orders up to October now. I want to give the subscribers to this group notice that I will be advertising in MAGIC magazine soon and expect a few orders from that.

If you want a Cigar Box or Mossman Flea Circus I would advise you to contact me now to order.

Every week I get an email asking if we have any in stock and I have to advise they are all made to order. If you want one ready for next Summer’s shows then don’t delay – just think…if I only get 9 orders from the advert then you wouldn’t get one in time!

Email me direct at martin@martinduffy.com for the latest newsletter and pictures of recent Flea Circuses
Jeff Christensen
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Jeff Christensen
My favorite circus is by Chance Wolf. While not strictly a flea circus it also incorporates all of the best components of Jumbo Sidekick.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4619 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Quote:
On 2011-10-16 19:38, Jeff Christensen wrote:
My favorite circus is by Chance Wolf. While not strictly a flea circus it also incorporates all of the best components of Jumbo Sidekick.

Wolf's Flea Circus is certainly not a traditional one. But I think it most definitely is a Flea Circus - there are several animations included, although the high wire and dive board don't do anything. This is no problem with my presentation, as I simply state that the kids can choose whether my flea will do the high dive, high wire, or World's Greatest Card Trick. Funny, they always end up eliminating all but the card trick Smile
I also use the Haunted Matchbox, Magic Milk pitcher, and all the tradtional nonsense with the Flea jumping off into the audience, etc. A great, great prop!
Potty
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1166 Posts

Profile of keeblem
Quote:
On 2010-11-20 23:01, Sock Puppet Monkey wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-04-24 17:41, jlevey wrote:
For those not yet familiar... check out Chaplin in his film Limelight. He performs a hilarious act with fleas. A treat to watch!

Jonathan

Jonathan,

thanks for the reminder about Chaplin in Limelight. I'm off to check out YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAI6BEtxv1A
:)
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1166 Posts

Profile of keeblem
Love the Giant Flea, Doug. I'm putting that on my wish list!

Mark
remote guy
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
539 Posts

Profile of remote guy
Here is a R/C Flea Circus I just completed. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=26&4

Nick
MrGreggy
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of MrGreggy
These are all great ideas for a flea circus, very imaginative! I got to thinking, many of these effects could be scaled up and used with a Rocky Raccoon spring animal puppet, then I realized that combining Rocky with a flea circus makes perfect sense... the fleas travel on Rocky.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1728 Posts

Profile of wally
This is getting me interested, How do I start, is there any books or a dvd that will give me a better idea, although I am in England, would a flee circus be a good idea as a add on to my magic shows, for all ages, magicwalsh@gmail.com
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3117 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
You might start with my "Lunchbox Flea Circus" e-Book in The Wizards' Journal #35. It all fits in a small lunchbox so you can begin up close and then adapt it to a larger stage size flea circus as you collect more fleas (and their various acts).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » A List of Flea Circus Acts... (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL