The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Daemons Dirt (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Midnight333
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Midnight333
I've read posts of an illusion that conjures tentacles and fire in an ashtray. I think I know the method, but wonder where this information is. Can someone tell me where to get the book containing this information?
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
It's from Tony Andruzzi. His books are very difficult to find as they are highly collectible. (No, mine are not for sale Smile )

You can find the info on his tape, Bizarre, which is very good as well. It is not cheap, $60, but it is worth it to see Tony in action.

Get it from Jan Flora at http://www.floraco.com, the creator of the tape. Support the Bizarre Vendors!
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Bill Fienning
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of Bill Fienning
I posted quite a while back regarding the problems with performing Daemon Dirt. Unless those problems can be solved, it is not practical, even though it is a powerful effect if it worked.
Bill Fienning

"It's More than Tricks"
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Ya gotta go into the store and then into the Bizarre Link. Here is a better path..

http://floraco.safeshopper.com/7/cat7.htm?314

What is on that other site is not the same effect. That is simply a chemical ignitor. Just do some homework and you'll figure out that one, it's not proprietary.

Bill,

There are many effects that can be enhanced with creativity that someone brings. It has happened many times! I agree, there is a reliability factor, but nothing that can't be solved with creativity.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
If you can't find, or afford, any of the Andruzzi books, Daemon Dirt was written up in the Tony Andruzzi issue of Genii several years back. Check with the magazine for a copy. I'm pretty sure they still have extra copies available. It was a great issue and included several of Tony's effects.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Midnight333
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Midnight333
I think I know the working. Does it involve, a certain purple substance and a bathroom chemical? As well as those black things? Hope I'm being just vague enough.
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
HEY!!!!!!!!!!1 I got this stuff--can get 'er to burn....help..PM if necessary..

the liquid is my "holy water" and thus I can apply it right in fron tof their eyes...poor souls...........

thanx

Baba gede
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Good luck. It's one of those things that only works when conditions are right.
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Yeah, just found the longer thread on this stuff......damm....oh well...

they say even adnruzzi only got it to go a few times...

so why not take this sh** off the market..
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Tony Andruzzi performed this effect in Secret Cabaret.
It was one of the most crazy and funny thing I've seen on television.
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Ive seen him on the bizzare dvd use it for those snake eggs coming through the sand--me like tony, but me no like that effect.................great dvd though......

still cant buy your book, but dying to get it Smile --your copy of mine will be there soon.

hail lucifer
cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
North Fork, CA
289 Posts

Profile of cocomax
It is important that the stuff be warm for it to work right. In the winter use a heavy duty container that has been warmed up in a oven or near a fire or heater.

The magic liquid that you place in the "dirt" to start the action should be free of water.

Tim
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
T H A N X....I live in the artic tundra aka NY, so ill wait till the sun comes out........

what would you say was your success rate good mage?

Baba
cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
North Fork, CA
289 Posts

Profile of cocomax
I have only had it fail for me when the "dirt" was too cold or I used too much of the special liquid after I figured that out I got it to work every time I tried. In the last 5 years I have had it work 20 times out of 20 attemps.

I use a cast iron bowl, that I keep dry and warm until I am ready for the effect. I place 1 teaspoon of dirt on one side of the bowl and 4 drops of liquid on the other side of the bowl. I hold the bowl to the heavens and allow the powder to slide over the liquid and then add a few bits of "special" string and paper with mystic writing as I work the spell.

Heat is the key to making it work everytime.

Tim
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
NICE! Pm'd you bro...
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Everyone, the "secret" to it's reliability was posted here and on the yellow forum last year or so.
If you have access, check out:
http://www.bizarremagic.net/forums/viewt......ons+dirt

You must grind the stuff up in a mortar and pestle, because it's an oxidant.
Over time, as it sits, it tends to form a "crust" around each grain which interferes with the absorption of the liquid. Grinding it breaks down that "coating" and allows for a 100% success rate, rather than a crap shoot. The Gl*****n to KMnO3 (?) ratio is not nearly as critical as many think it is.

I would take out just the amount you plan to use and grind that earlier in the day before use, or the day before even, rather than grind up the entire stash.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Quote:
On 2007-02-22 18:05, Gede Nibo wrote:
T H A N X....I live in the artic tundra aka NY, so ill wait till the sun comes out........

Baba

Oh, you eat mammoth burger ?
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
NO!! Baba is strictly vegetarian...its the Loa that LOVE animal blood, not I....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Daemons Dirt (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL