The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » PIC GIF - What to do? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dolini
View Profile
Loyal user
217 Posts

Profile of Dolini
I have a picture that I put on Micro Word. I then saved it as PIC AND GIF. Why does the Cafe not allow me to use this picture?

Dolini Smile
John O'Shea Dolan
johnosheadolan@hotmail.com
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Word does things when converting to .gif files, and whatever it does seems to make the file unusable on the web. I have yet to figure out just what it does. Can you save it as a Word file (.doc, I believe) and send it to me? I may be able to open it, get a screenshot, and import the picture into Paint Shop Pro. If I can, I'll just install your finished avatar to the database for you.

Mary
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
I believe *but could be wrong* that MS word tries to convert graphics to it's proprietary .wmf format.

I'd suggest opening the program in MS paint and then saving it as a .gif or.jpg file. Then hopefully it'll be ok.

MS paint is free with windows from "accesories". If you're not using windows, then try another paint program and re-save it.
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Thanks Flip, I never use MS Word, and was on kind of shaky ground there! I have no idea how that program works, it just takes up space in my comp.

Mary
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » PIC GIF - What to do? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL